Chocolate Star Butterfly Buns: Traditional Cupcakes.
Do you have any birthdays coming up or special occasions and are looking for some quick and easy cupcakes to make?
I made these yummy butterfly fairy buns for my Daughters birthday.
They went down great at her birthday party.
Everybody loved them!!
They did not last long at all!!
The great thing about them it not only they taste great, they are quick and easy to make! Bonus.
How To Make Chocolate Star Butterfly Buns:
You will need:
- 16-18 paper cupcake cases
- 2 Muffin trays
- 170g Self raising flour
- 170g margarine
- 170g Caster sugar
- 3 Medium eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons skimmed milk
- Ready-made chocolate icing ( I used a tub of Betty Crocker’s chocolate fudge icing as it is so yummy!!).
- 16-18 chocolate stars
- Little bit of icing sugar
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 180c or 160c fan oven. Gas mark 4. Add your paper cupcake cases to the muffin trays.
- Sift the flour, sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add all the rest of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric whisk and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into 16-18 paper cases.
- Bake for around 20 minutes. Until cooked.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut out a little circle on the top of each cupcake. Cut the circle in half to make the butterfly wings. Set aside.
- Add a spoonful of the chocolate fudge icing into each bun, place the half circles on each side for the wings, add the chocolate stars and sift some icing sugar over.
What do you think of these Chocolate Star Butterfly Buns?
Fancy making any?
We all love butterfly cakes here, how about you?
Do you like making party cakes?
You can find more cake inspiration here: Cakes And Cupcake Recipes.