Chocolate Yule Log: Christmas Day Sweet Freedom Treat.
Chocolate Yule Log anyone? Yummy!
An indulgent looking chocolate roulade with a creamy chestnut filling and rich chocolate topping, yet sweetened only with Sweet Freedom syrup (made 100% from fruit) with no sugar added.
How To Make A Chocolate Yule Log: Christmas Day Sweet Freedom Treat:
6 Medium Free Range Eggs, separated
150g Sweet Freedom Dark
1½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
60g Cocoa Powder
225g Unsweetened Chestnut Puree
50g Sweet Freedom Dark
30ml Double Cream
50g Sweet Freedom Dark
300ml Double Cream
30g Cocoa Powder, sieved
You will need a Swiss roll tin measuring 20cm x 30cm (8”x12”)
Chocolate Yule Log: Christmas Day Sweet Freedom Treat Method:
1.) Line a Swiss roll tin with non stick baking parchment and preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C.
2.) Whisk together the egg yolks, Sweet Freedom and vanilla extract until it is pale, creamy and very thick.
3.) Using a clean whisk, whisk the egg whites, in another bowl, until they form stiff peaks.
4.) Sieve the cocoa powder over the egg yolk mixture and fold in.
Then carefully fold the egg whites into the mixture.
5.) Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes.
6.) Remove from the oven and cover with a piece of non stick baking parchment and a damp tea towel.
Leave to cool.
7.) Mix together all the ingredients for the filling.
8.) Tip the cold roulade out onto a sheet of baking parchment, peel off the baking parchment from the base and sides of the roulade and spread the chestnut filling over the base.
9.) Roll up the roulade from the longest side using the sheet of baking parchment to guide the roll.
10.) To make the topping, mix together the Sweet Freedom, Brandy and double cream and then mix in the cocoa.
11.) The cocoa will thicken the mixture.
12.) Place the roulade on a serving plate and spread the chocolate topping over the top and sides.
13.) Use a skewer to draw wiggly lines in the topping to give the appearance of bark.
14.) Chill until required.
Recipe and photo credit by- Sweet Freedom.
What do you think of this recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
- Can Not Resist A Bargain & My Biggest Bargain Ever
- Pink Animal Print Dress & A Black Polo Neck Jumper
- Two Heads Are Better Than One By Ryan Mosley
- A Walk In The Peak District: Winnats Pass
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Kid From The Goonies Film: Street Art Saturday
- Ready For The Weekend: Bring It On
- Throwing My Outfit Back To Christmas
- Tell Me What You Did Last Weekend
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Street Art Sunday
- Sometimes The Smallest Things Take Up The Most Room
- Heatwave And What To Wear When You Are Having One
- Flip Flops Are Fun But Sometimes Your Flip Flops!
- The Queen: Blue Mondays & London Street Art
- My Two Girls: Black And White Photo Project