Christmas Cupcakes That Might Be Too Adorable To Eat! Just might be!!
Not everyone is a fan of fruit cake or mince pies.
These light coconut cakes speckled with jewel-like ruby raspberries make a great alternative.
They also can even be made in advance and frozen ready iced but without the raspberry and holly decoration.
Simply defrost at room temp for 2-3 hours before finishing.
Great for all ages
Christmas Cupcakes That Might Be Too Adorable To Eat!
Prep: 35 minutes
Cook: 15-18 minutes
You Will Need:
175g/6oz butter at room temperature or soft margarine
175g/6oz caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
175g/6oz self-raising flour
11/2 tsp vanilla extract
40g/11/2oz unsweetened desiccated coconut
150g pack fresh raspberries
150g/5oz butter at room temperature
300g/101/2oz icing sugar, sifted, plus a little extra
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp milk, if needed
40g/11/2 oz unsweetened desiccated coconut
150g pack fresh raspberries
100g/4oz green ready to roll icing
Christmas Cupcakes Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas mark 4. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with 12 deep red paper cake cases.
2. To make the cupcakes, add the butter or soft margarine and sugar to a large mixing bowl or food processor and beat until smooth. Gradually beat in spoonfuls of the egg and flour alternately, until it has all been added and continue to mix until light and smooth. Mix in the vanilla and coconut then fold in the raspberries.
3. Divide the mixture between the cake cases and spread the top level. Bake for 15-18 minutes until well risen, golden brown and the tops spring back when lightly pressed with a fingertip.
4. Lift the cakes out of the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. To make the frosting, add the butter to a bowl or food processor and gradually beat in the icing sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and add a little milk, if needed, to make a soft frosting.
6. Pipe or spread the frosting over the cakes. Top each cake with a sprinkling of coconut and 3 raspberries. Roll the green icing out on a surface dusted with a little-sifted icing sugar then stamp out small holly leaves with a cutter. Lift off the paper with a small knife and press 2 leaves into the frosting on each cake.
Not a fan of nuts then leave the coconut out of the cupcakes and sprinkle grated white chocolate or bought sugar mini snowflake sprinkles over the top instead.
For Valentine’s day, add heart shapes stamped from red or pink ready to roll icing instead of the holly leaves.
Guest post c/o Seasonal Berries.
No payment was received.
Looking for more Christmas recipes and ideas?
You Might Also Like Chocolate Roulade With Boozy Blackberries.
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review