Churros with Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 100g unsalted butter, cold diced
- 175g self raising flour, sieved
- ½ tsp baking powder, sieved
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- Sunflower oil, for frying
Cinnamon Sugar Ingredients:
- 150g caster sugar, for dusting 1tsp cinnamon, for dusting
- 225g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- Take the butter and add to a pan containing 200ml cold water. Heat until boiling, then working quickly remove from the heat.
- Add the sieved flour and baking powder, and beat rapidly until a smooth paste is formed which should come away cleanly from the sides of the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and add the beaten eggs one at a time. After each addition ensure the mixture is glossy and continue until it is combined. Add the yogurt and stir again.
- Leave to rest covered with cling film or a tea towel for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and reserve this for dusting.
- Fill a large saucepan a third full with sunflower oil. Heat until sizzling or until a cube of bread browns in one minute. Take a large piping bag with a star nozzle and fill it with batter
- Squeeze the batter into 5cm lengths into the hot oil and snip the end with either a knife or scissors. Do not pipe more than three lengths at any one time as they will stick together.
- Carefully turn each churro in the hot oil until all sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen roll. Roll quickly in the cinnamon sugar and serve with the yogurt as a dip.
Recipe and recipe courtesy of Rachel’s
What do you think? Fancy trying some of these Churros With Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt?