Recipe and image’s courtesy of Onken
Coconut Chocolate Mousse Recipe. Happy Wednesday. Coconut Chocolate Mousse, anyone? Are you looking for a mousse recipe to make? As today I am sharing this recipe with you. A perfect after dinner treat.
How To Make A Coconut Chocolate Mousse:
Indulge your taste buds with the exquisite delight of Coconut Chocolate Mousse, a heavenly dessert that seamlessly marries the rich, velvety texture of chocolate with the tropical essence of coconut.
This luscious treat begins with the careful melting of high-quality dark chocolate, creating a decadent base that forms the backbone of the mousse.
This infusion of coconut imparts a subtle sweetness and a delightful creaminess, elevating the mousse to a new level of sensory bliss. The final touch comes from a sprinkle of toasted coconut on top, adding a satisfying crunch that contrasts beautifully with the smoothness of the mousse.
Whether served in elegant ramekins or as part of a show-stopping dessert presentation, this Coconut Chocolate Mousse is sure to captivate your palate with its harmonious blend of luxurious flavours.
Coconut Chocolate Mousse:
- 85g dark chocolate, 70%
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g Onken Coconut yogurt
- Grated dark chocolate and toasted coconut shavings for decoration (optional)
Coconut Chocolate Mousse Method:
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a bowl that will fit over a pan of simmering water. Mix the cocoa and vanilla with 2 tbsp cold water, and pour over the chocolate. Place the bowl over the gently simmering water, give it all a stir, then remove from the heat.
- Leave with the bowl of chocolate still over the water and stir occasionally until melted. Once melted, add 2 tbsp boiling water and stir to thin the chocolate down and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then add the sugar and whisk again until thick and glossy. Beat the coconut yogurt into the cooled chocolate. Gently fold about one-third of the egg whites into the chocolate mix using a large metal spoon. Add the remaining egg whites and carefully fold them in until fully combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 small glasses and chill for a couple of hours, or overnight. When ready to eat, remove from the fridge and finish with a grating of dark chocolate and a few toasted coconut shavings.
Coconut Chocolate Mousse. So what do you think of this Coconut Chocolate Mousse recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? Recipe and image’s courtesy of Onken.
Fancy making some? Join the conversation and let me know your thoughts in the comments or over on Twitter if you get to make it. Try now or pin for later.
You Might Also Like:
Coconut, Blueberry And Pistachio Frozen Yogurt:
Firstly, Coconut, Blueberry & Pistachio Frozen Yogurt. Are you keeping warm and cosy in the house and looking for a nice ice cold treat? Today I have this nice and cold Coconut, Blueberry And Pistachio Frozen Yogurt recipe to share with you. Coconut, Blueberry And Pistachio Frozen Yogurt.
Coconut Yogurt Bark:
Secondly, Coconut Yogurt Bark. Enjoy the delicious flavours of this recipe for Coconut Yoghurt Bark. This straightforward recipe makes a mouthwatering treat that’s appropriate for any celebration by combining the creamy deliciousness of coconut yoghurt with a variety of delicious toppings.
So as you follow this step-by-step directions, experience the thrill of making this light and healthful dessert. Coconut Yogurt Bark.
Lime & Coconut Yogurt Cake:
Thirdly, Lime And Coconut Yogurt Cake. Hello. Fancy a nice treat? Today I have a Lime And Coconut Yogurt Cake recipe to share with you. Lime And Coconut Yogurt Cake. So yummy.
Coconut Chocolate Mousse:
Coconut Chocolate Mousse. Also, find me on the Web | Twitter | Facebook
Polka Dot Lady. You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.