Crafty Little Biscuits: Mother’s Day Treats.
Are you looking for a homemade Mother’s Day treat to make?
Decorate these tasty biscuits for Mum this Mother’s Day!
Why not make and decorate these heart biscuits to make a pretty treat.
Crafty Little Biscuits:
For The Recipe Crafty Little Biscuits:
For The Biscuits:
- 100 g Unsalted Butter (3 1/2 oz, at room temperature)
- 150 g Caster Sugar (5 1/2 oz)
- about 2 g Salt (A pinch of salt)
- Large Egg (x1)
- Lemon Zest (The fine zest of x1 lemon)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Extract (1 tsp)
- 200 g Plain Flour (7 oz)
- 2 ½ g Dr. Oetker Baking Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Dr. Oetker Bright Writing Icing
- Dr. Oetker White Designer Icing (And Pink and/or Blue Icing too if you wish to decorate)
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Hearts
- Dr. Oetker Mini Wafer Flowers
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- Line trays with baking parchment.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl and beat with electric mixer.
- Add a pinch of salt then beat in large egg, lemon zest and Dr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Extract.
- In another bowl mix together flour and Dr. Oetker Baking Powder, then tip onto butter & sugar mix and beat together with a spatula.
- Bring the dough together and then chill in the fridge in the bowl for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Lay baking parchment on flat surface, place dough on top and place more parchment on top. Roll to about 5mm thick.
- Cut out dough with a selection of cookie cutters and place on the prepared trays.
- Chill the trays of dough in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Bake at 180⁰C for approx 25 minutes. Then allow to cool on a tray.
- Decorate biscuits using an exciting selection of Dr. Oetker decorations. We used Dr. Oetker Bright Writing Icing, Designer Icing, Mini Wafer Flowers & Chocolate Hearts.
How sweet are these Crafty Little Biscuits: Mother’s Day Treats?
*Recipe and photography by Dr. Oetker*
*No Payment was received*
You Might Also Like:
Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day.
Mothers Day Gift Wrapping Idea.
Blossoming Cupcakes For Mothers Day.
Lovely Strawberry Sandwich Cake.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: