Creamy Cavolo Nero And Chestnut Stir Fry anyone?
Serve with sherry.
Try this recipe with an Oloroso or Palo Cortado sherry. Both kinds are dry but rich and well matched to creamy foods as well as more traditional tapas. They will also pick up the rounded nuttiness of the chestnuts.
How To Make A Creamy Cavolo Nero And Chestnut Stir Fry:
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (180g)
- 2 x 200g packs cavolo nero, shredded
- 200g pack chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 180g pack low fat cheese
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche (100g)
How To Make:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes, add the cavolo nero, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and cinnamon and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the soft cheese and crème fraiche and cook for 1 minute, season.
- Great served with Christmas turkey as part of the trimmings or as a vegetarian option on its own.
Recipe c/o Discover Cavolo Nero
What do you think of this Creamy Cavolo Nero And Chestnut Stir Fry recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Cavolo Nero Stuffing:
Are you looking for a new and tasty stuffing recipe to try out?
Fancy trying out this Cavolo Nero Stuffing recipe out?
Creamy Cavolo Nero & Leek Soup With Cavolo Nero Crisps:
Fancy making this healthy and tasty Cavolo Nero & Leek soup recipe?
Cavolo Nero, Noodle & Miso Stir Fry:
Fancy making up this healthy and colourful stir-fry? Full of Cavolo Nero, carrots, broccoli, cashew nuts and thick noodles all mixed together nicely. A perfectly healthy lunch or dinner idea.