Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage and Apple Hot Pot, anyone? Hello friends, so how are you today? Fancy something different for dinner tonight?
Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage and Apple Hot Pot- A great winter hotpot for all the family. The creamy sauce is an ideal way to disguise the recommended daily vegetable allowance!
This post also contains affiliate links and ad banners. This means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link. Also, affiliate links will be marked with a *.
How To Make Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage And Apple Hot Pot:
Prep time: 45mins || Cooking time: 1hr
- 454g Lincolnshire pork sausage (8 sausages)
- 2 Eating apples (preferably red to add colour to the dish)
- 1 Leek
- 2 Large carrots
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
- ½ pint Chicken stock
- 300g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic
- 4 Medium potatoes
- 50g Butter
- Olive Oil* for cooking
Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage and Apple Hot Pot Method:
- Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 6/400F or 200C.
- Peel and par boil the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, drain and allow to cool.
- Cut each apple into four wedges and remove the core.
- Gently sauté in a frying pan with a little olive oil for around 3-4 minutes then remove from the pan and place to one side.
- Roughly cut the carrot, leek and the onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Gently sweat with the garlic for approximately 5 minutes until they start to soften, then add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- When stock has boiled, remove from the heat and add the yoghurt.
- In a frying pan, quickly fry off the sausages in a little olive oil whilst cooking the par boiled potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Place the sausages and apples into a large casserole dish.
- Then pour over the carrot, onion, leek and yoghurt mixture.
- Next, lay the sliced half cooked potatoes over the top in an even layer.
- Generously brush with melted butter and bake in the middle of oven for approx 1 hr until crisp and golden on the top.
Chef’s Tip: Spice this dish up by switching the sausages from Lincolnshire to pork and chili or Toulouse.
So what do you think about this Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage And Apple Hot Pot Recipe? Do you also fancy making it? Recipe and photo credit by – Total Greek Yoghurt.
You Might Also Like These Affiliated Links Below:
Did You Also See:
- Firstly, 5 Christmas Cupcake Recipes For Your Party. Also, today I am sharing adorable 5 Christmas Cupcake Recipes For Your Party. Too good to eat? Nooooo, Never!!! 5 Christmas Cupcake Recipes For Your Party.
- Secondly, Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked Festive Recipes From California Walnuts. So do you fancy making this walnut and cranberry pie? Because I do! Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!! So good.
- Thirdly, Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season. If you’ve had enough of carving Halloween faces into the winter squash, why not take advantage of the gloriously low pumpkin prices and make use of that fibre-rich flesh? Steve Smith’s Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season.
- Fourthly, 13 Of The Best Blueberry Recipes From The Blog. Are you looking for any recipes to make up over the next few days? I love blueberries and today I am sharing 13 Of The Best Blueberry Recipes From The Blog. 13 Of The Best Blueberry Recipes From The Blog.
5 Recipe Ideas For World Baking Day:
- Fifth, 5 Recipe Ideas For World Baking Day. Happy world baking day and today I am sharing 5 fun baking recipe ideas with you from the blog. 5 Recipe Ideas For World Baking Day.
- Sixth, BerryWorld Blueberry And Buttermilk Scones With Fresh BerryWorld Blueberry Jam. I hope your having a lovely week so far? It have been lovely and sunny here and it has me thinking of Summer and eating outside in the garden. Because who does not like afternoon tea in the garden in Summer? BerryWorld Blueberry And Buttermilk Scones With Fresh BerryWorld Blueberry Jam.
- Seventh, 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration. So are you a vegan or taking part in Veganuary? As today I am sharing 12 yummy vegan recipes with you. 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration.
- Eighth, 7 Easy Ginger Spiced Recipes To Try Out This Autumn. Do you love the taste of ginger spices throughout Autumn? 7 Easy Ginger Spiced Recipes To Try Out This Autumn.
Cheese, Celery And Walnut Scones With Parsley Butter:
- Ninth, Cheese, Celery And Walnut Scones With Parsley Butter. Tasty and very moreish these savoury scones should be served warm with the butter gently melting so you can swirl in a nutty-sweet stick of celery. Cheese, Celery And Walnut Scones With Parsley Butter. So tasty.
- Last But Not Least, Toffee BerryWorld Cranberry Puddings. Not quite as rich and sweet as sticky toffee puddings but just as delicious. Ideal for a quick weekend pudding any time of the year. Toffee BerryWorld Cranberry Puddings. So good.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
This post also contains affiliate links, and ad banners. Which means I may receive a commission if you click on one and make a purchase. If you purchase through an affiliate link, you will not be charged any additional costs. Also, a * will also appear next to affiliate links.