Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage and Apple Hot Pot.
A great winter hotpot for all the family.
The creamy sauce is an ideal way to disguise the recommended daily vegetable allowance!
How To Make Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage And Apple Hot Pot:
Prep time: 45mins
Cooking time: 1hr
454g Lincolnshire pork sausage (8 sausages)
2 Eating apples (preferably red to add colour to the dish)
2 Large carrots
1 Medium onion
1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
½ pint Chicken stock
300g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic
4 Medium potatoes
Olive oil for cooking
1.) Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 6/400F or 200C.
2.) Peel and par boil the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, drain and allow to cool.
3.) Cut each apple into four wedges and remove the core.
4.) Gently sauté in a frying pan with a little olive oil for around 3-4 minutes then remove from the pan and place to one side.
5.) Roughly cut the carrot, leek and the onion into 1 inch pieces.
6.) Gently sweat with the garlic for approximately 5 minutes until they start to soften, then add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
7.) When stock has boiled, remove from the heat and add the yoghurt.
8.) In a frying pan, quickly fry off the sausages in a little olive oil whilst cooking the par boiled potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices.
9.) Place the sausages and apples into a large casserole dish.
10.) Then pour over the carrot, onion, leek and yoghurt mixture.
11.) Next, lay the sliced half cooked potatoes over the top in an even layer.
12.) Generously brush with melted butter and bake in the middle of oven for approx 1 hr until crisp and golden on the top.
Spice this dish up by switching the sausages from Lincolnshire to pork and chili or Toulouse.
Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage And Apple Hot Pot.
Recipe and photo credit by – Total Greek Yoghurt.
- Polka Dot Suit On The Bears Of Sheffield
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post