Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage and Apple Hot Pot.
A great winter hotpot for all the family.
The creamy sauce is an ideal way to disguise the recommended daily vegetable allowance!
How To Make Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage And Apple Hot Pot:
Prep time: 45mins
Cooking time: 1hr
454g Lincolnshire pork sausage (8 sausages)
2 Eating apples (preferably red to add colour to the dish)
2 Large carrots
1 Medium onion
1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
½ pint Chicken stock
300g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic
4 Medium potatoes
Olive oil for cooking
1.) Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 6/400F or 200C.
2.) Peel and par boil the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, drain and allow to cool.
3.) Cut each apple into four wedges and remove the core.
4.) Gently sauté in a frying pan with a little olive oil for around 3-4 minutes then remove from the pan and place to one side.
5.) Roughly cut the carrot, leek and the onion into 1 inch pieces.
6.) Gently sweat with the garlic for approximately 5 minutes until they start to soften, then add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
7.) When stock has boiled, remove from the heat and add the yoghurt.
8.) In a frying pan, quickly fry off the sausages in a little olive oil whilst cooking the par boiled potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices.
9.) Place the sausages and apples into a large casserole dish.
10.) Then pour over the carrot, onion, leek and yoghurt mixture.
11.) Next, lay the sliced half cooked potatoes over the top in an even layer.
12.) Generously brush with melted butter and bake in the middle of oven for approx 1 hr until crisp and golden on the top.
Spice this dish up by switching the sausages from Lincolnshire to pork and chili or Toulouse.
Creamy Lincolnshire Sausage And Apple Hot Pot.
Recipe and photo credit by – Total Greek Yoghurt.
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Some Dreamy Photos From Margate And A Few Outfits
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- Happy Puppy Day: When Mollie Met Freddie
- OOTD: Donut Judge Me It’s Cheat Day