Creamy Pea Soup: Perfect For A Light Starter Or Lunch. Happy Sunday. Are you looking for a nice and tasty soup recipe to try out? Creamy pea soup anyone? A simple but flavourful soup that can be ready in minutes! How tasty!? Perfect for a light starter.
How To Make Creamy Pea Soup:
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
1 leek, roughly chopped
450 g frozen peas
700 ml vegetable stock
50 g raw cashews
(Optional) 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt, to serve
How To Make:
1.) Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onions and garlic, until softened. Add the chopped leek and celery and cook for a further couple of minutes.
2.) Stir in the peas and cashews, then add the stock and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
3.) Transfer to a blender and mix until smooth.
4.) Ladle the soup into four serving bowls and top with a swirl of dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt.
Recipe and images courtesy of: Credit: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen Copyright: The Vegan Society, 2018.
What do you think of this Creamy Pea Soup? Fancy trying it?
Creamy Pea Soup: Perfect For A Light Starter Or Lunch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 450 g frozen peas
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g raw cashews
- (Optional) 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onions and garlic, until softened. Add the chopped leek and celery and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cashews, then add the stock and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into four serving bowls and top with a swirl of dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt.
You might also like these recipes from The Vegan Society:
Mushroom & Leek Pie:
Mushroom & leek pie, what a tasty combination!? Creamy mushrooms and leeks encased in a crispy, golden pie crust. Delicious, filling and a great choice to serve to both vegans and meat-eaters! The pie is filling and features vegetables encased in a crispy, golden pie crust. Mushroom & Leek Pie.
Lemon Possets With Shortbread:
Lemon Possets with shortbread anyone? Ultra creamy lemon puddings with sweet, crumbly shortbread cookies – perfect for dipping! Lemon Possets With Shortbread.
Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes With Asparagus:
Fancy trying this Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes With Asparagus recipe out?
A flavourful side dish featuring seasonal asparagus and new potatoes. Salty potatoes paired with the subtle sweetness from the asparagus and balsamic vinegar make this utterly moreish. Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes With Asparagus.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Ainsley Harriott Winter Warmer Soups Review
- Chilled California Walnut And Cucumber Sunshine Soup
- Creamy Chestnut And Parsnip Soup Recipe
- Creamy Chickpea And Coriander Soup Recipe
- Creamy Pea Soup: Perfect For A Light Starter Or Lunch
- Hearty Kale And Butter Bean Winter Soup: Comfort Food
- How To Make A Coconut and Prawn Laksa
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- How To Make Dracula’s Bloody Brew Halloween Soup
- Norwegian Cod And Prawn Soup With Fennel Recipe
- Red Onion and Roast Cherry Tomato Soup with Pesto
- Roasted Beetroot Soup With Feta Yogurt Dressing- Recipe
- Squashy Bottom Soup Bowls: Autumn Warmers
- Stuffed Peppers With Ricotta And Basil Recipe To Try Out
- Sweet Potatoes And Orange Soup Recipe For Winter
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine