Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon.
Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd.
Hi! Happy Thursday Friends.
Fancy trying out this Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd recipe today?
This lovely Spanish persimon curd is so easy to make, using simple fresh ingredients. For a festive idea, serve for breakfast with lemon icing-drizzled croissants arranged in a star shape – a spectacular treat to share!
Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd:
Makes 1 jar of curd
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
- 2 Spanish persimons
- 2 egg yolks
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g butter, melted
- Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 6-12 fresh croissants
- 100g icing sugar
- 1-2tbsp lemon juice
- A few glace cherries and rosemary sprigs
- A little icing sugar
- Slices of Spanish persimon
Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd Method:
1 Remove and discard the leafy tops from the Spanish persimons, then chop the fruit. Put into a saucepan with 250ml water and simmer for 20-25 minutes until soft. Puree with a hand-held stick blender, or in a blender. Cool for 10 minutes.
2 In a large heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar until combined, then stir in the persimon puree, melted butter and lemon zest.
3 Set the bowl over a large saucepan of gently simmering water and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens – this will take 10-20 minutes. The mixture thickens more as it cools.
4 Pour into a sterilized jar and seal with the lid. Cool, then refrigerate and use within a week.
5 To serve, arrange the croissants in a circle, with a bowl of the persimon curd in the centre. Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice to make a thin icing. Drizzle over the croissants and decorate with glace cherries and rosemary sprigs dusted with icing sugar. Serve with slices of Spanish persimon.
Cook’s Tip: Serve the curd with warm scones, toast or soda bread for a yummy treat.
Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon
What do you think of this Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make this recipe.
You Might Also Like:
- When Life Gives You Monday, Dip It In Glitter
- Light Brown Teddy Coat: Back In Fashion Again
- Lady & The Tramp Shirt With Jeans And Street Art
- Dark Red Jumper Dress To Match My Flowers
- Showtime Now bring On The Cabaret, My Friends
- Spooky Photoshoot In The Woods
- Happy Balloons Around The World Day
- Bake Halloween Cookies: 31 Days Of October
- Autumn Layering Fashion Ideas: 31 Days Of
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October