Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar BBQ Coleslaw.
I am a big fan of cheese coleslaw and today I have this Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar BBQ Coleslaw to share with you.
Created by Lee Westcott for Davidstow. Lee says“This dish takes me back to a family holiday we had in Cornwall. I have great memories of my brother and I preparing a BBQ by the beach in Constantine Bay and this salad would have been the perfect accompaniment.”
Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar BBQ Coleslaw:
This recipe is great for a summer BBQ. It makes a perfect accompaniment to a cheese board and gives you an exciting twist to your regular coleslaw.
¼ whole cabbage, or 1 small cut in ½
4 red onions, peeled and cut in half through the root
4 carrots, peeled and sliced lengthways into 4 equal pieces.You can use a Japanese mandolin slicer for this if you have one available.
3 Braeburn apples
½ small bunch tarragon, picked, washed and chopped
½ small bunch parsley, picked washed and chopped
½ small bunch dill, picked, washed and chopped
100ml olive oil
50ml Tarragon vinegar, this can be bought from most well-known supermarkets
Salt and pepper
30g poppy seeds
Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar to taste, finely grated
1. Cut the white cabbage into quarters, place onto a hot BBQ until lightly charred and remove. Once cool, cut the woody core from each quarter.
2. Repeat step 1 with the onions and carrots.
3. Once barbecued, shred all the vegetables into thin strips, in a slaw style manner.
4. For the dressing add tarragon vinegar to a bowl and slowly whisk in the olive oil.
5. Peel and grate the apples, add to the vegetables, followed by the chopped herbs.
6. Toss the thinly sliced vegetables with the dressing, poppy, salt, pepper and finally the Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar.
Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar BBQ Coleslaw Recipe and images courtesy of Created by Lee Westcott for Davidstow®
You Might Also Like:
- Coronation Chicken Skewers With Dipping Sauce
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 5 More Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out #CreativeMondays
- Venison Burger with Blue Cheese And Crispy Shallots
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole How To Make
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion
- FRO-YO Strawberry Bark: Summer Party Treats
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos
- How To Make BerryWorld Mini Fruit Tarts
- Create Your Very Own BerryWorld Pimm’s Jellies
- How To Use Jerte Picota Cherries At A Garden Party
- Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion
- Flowers With Yellow Petals And Brown Center
- National Mango Day And 15 Recipes To Try
- A Brown Polka Dot Dress And How I Wear It
- 7 Ice lolly Recipe To Keep You Cool This Summer
- 6am Walkies To Beat The Heat And A New
- 5 Ways To Eat More Spinach: Fresh Spinach Day
- White Dr. Martens Boots And A Dress
- National Mac And Cheese Day
- 4 Recipes For National Mojito Day To Try
- 6 Recipes For National Blueberry Muffin Day
- 33 Cheesecake Recipes For Afternoon Tea
- 3rd July 2022 Newsletter: Claire Justine
- 27th June 2022 Newsletter: Claire Justine
- How To Make Macarons
- 13 Tasty Scone Recipes For Afternoon Tea