Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls: Afternoon Tea Recipe.
Great for a coffee lover.
How To Make Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls:
Makes 2 large ones or 3 smaller ones
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 2-3 hours plus cooling
3 large egg whites,
175g equal quantities of caster sugar and icing sugar, sifted together
1 tsp Douwe Egberts Pure Gold coffee, sifted finely using a tea strainer
1 tbsp chopped walnuts, (optional)
Plus topping of your choice. Strawberries and cream?
Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls Method:
1.) In a grease-free mixing bowl using an electric whisk, whisk up the egg whites until the mixture stands in stiff glossy peaks.
2.) Gradually fold in the sugars and salt a table spoon at the time.
3.) Continue whisking until very stiff and shiny.
4.) Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
5.) Fold the coffee into the meringue to give a marbled effect, Using two spoons make either 2 or 3 even sized meringues and sprinkle over nuts if using.
6.) Bake in the oven 110C or gas mark 1/4 for 2- 3 hours until crisp and firm, (the longer you cook them the crispier they will be in the centre) but still white in colour.
7.) Cool on a tray.
8.) Peel off the parchment paper and serve, Store the cooked meringues in an air tight-box.
What do you think of these Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls
Recipe and photo credit by sent to me by- Douwe Egberts
You Might Also Like:
How To Make Iced Gaelic Coffee:
A yummy treat for Saturday night. Or any night of the week really! Give this favourite tipple a makeover by serving it chilled!
This recipe would be great to serve at any Christmas parties.
Ground coffee, sugar, Whiskey and double cream, how tasty!? Yum, yum!
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- Nottingham Castle And The Robin Hood Statue