Duck Breasts With A Port And Berry Sauce.
Fancy trying out this Duck Breasts With A Port And Berry Sauce recipe out?
How To Make Duck Breasts With A Port And Berry Sauce:
4 duck breasts
1 tbsp oil
salt and ground black pepper
2tbsp redcurrant jelly
2tsp concentrated liquid beef stock
50g/2oz unsalted butter
200g seasonal mixed berries
1.) Preheat the oven to 220 C/425 F/Gas Mark 7.
2.) Coast the duck breasts in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
3.) Place a large frying pan over a high heat and lay the duck breasts skin side down in the hot pan.
4.) Fry for 2 minutes then turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes.
5.) Transfer the duck to a roasting tin and bake for 10 minutes.
6.) Bring half the Port to the boil in a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half.
7.) Add the remaining Port, return to the boil then simmer until reduced by half again.
8.) Add the redcurrant jelly and stock and stir until the jelly has melted.
9.) Remove the saucepan from the heat and gradually whisk in the butter a little at a time.
10.) Blend the arrowroot with 1 tablespoon of cold water and add to the saucepan with the berries.
11.) Return to the heat and simmer for 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and is glossy.
12.) Allow the duck breasts to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
13.) Serve the duck with bubble and squeak rostis, green beans and the berries.
Recipe and photo credit by – Seasonal Berries
9 Creepy And Scary Halloween Themed Recipe:
4 Spooky Adult Halloween Cocktail Recipes To Try Out:
13 Spanish Persimon Recipes: In Season Now:
How To Cook Slow Cooked Red Cabbage Pulled Pork:
Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet:
17 Pizza Recipes For Beer And Pizza Day:
14 Curry Recipes To Warm You Up This Autumn:
6 Dinner Recipes For Your Tasty Tuesday Meal Plan:
Strawberry And Raspberry Ripple Eton Mess Picnic Puds:
4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party:
- Can Not Resist A Bargain & My Biggest Bargain Ever
- Pink Animal Print Dress & A Black Polo Neck Jumper
- Two Heads Are Better Than One By Ryan Mosley
- A Walk In The Peak District: Winnats Pass
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Kid From The Goonies Film: Street Art Saturday
- Ready For The Weekend: Bring It On
- Throwing My Outfit Back To Christmas
- Tell Me What You Did Last Weekend
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Street Art Sunday
- Sometimes The Smallest Things Take Up The Most Room
- Heatwave And What To Wear When You Are Having One
- Flip Flops Are Fun But Sometimes Your Flip Flops!
- The Queen: Blue Mondays & London Street Art
- My Two Girls: Black And White Photo Project