This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake. Hello friends.
Do you fancy trying a slice or two of this Earl Grey’s Blueberry and Almond Polenta Cake?
This rich almond polenta cake is SO good – and it’s gluten-free too!
I can not wait to make one of these cakes, especially as it is gluten-free!
Furthermore, my daughter who is gluten-free would love this cake! Also so would I!
How To Make A Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake:
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
150g butter, at room temperature
150g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
½ tsp almond essence
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
200g ground almonds
200g instant polenta
2 tsp baking powder
300ml crème fraiche
A few toasted flaked almonds
Fine shreds of lemon zest
How To Make An Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake:
1. Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm spring form round cake tin with a little butter, then line with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and caster sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the almond essence, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the ground almonds, polenta, salt and baking powder, mixing thoroughly.
3. Transfer to the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a fine skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the lining paper.
4. Also to decorate, dollop the crème fraiche onto the cake (without stirring it), and spoon the blueberry jam on top. Scatter with toasted flaked almonds and fine shreds of lemon zest.
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake Cook’s Tip:
So if you’re making the cake for someone with gluten intolerance, check the label on the baking powder to make sure that it’s gluten-free – most brands are.
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake:
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
So what do you think?
Do you also fancy making this cake?
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake:
Indeed, so yummy eh!?
You Might Also Like:
Gluten-Free Popcorn Fudge Brownies: G/F Treats:
Firstly, are you looking for gluten-free recipe ideas? Gluten-Free Popcorn Fudge Brownies, anyone? How cool!! Gluten-Free Popcorn Fudge Brownies.
Gluten-Free Easter Creme Egg Brownies:
Secondly, brownies anyone? As Easter is just around the corner I have some yummy cake recipes coming up on the blog this week. Are you looking for a Gluten-Free Easter cake?
If so you are in luck as today I have this yummy Creme egg recipe to share with you. Gluten-Free Easter Creme Egg Brownies.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Brownies:
Thirdly, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Brownies. Anyone?
(Dairy + Gluten-Free).
They’re super scrummy, extra squidgy and full of autumnal spice. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Brownies.
Gluten-Free Vanilla Cheesecake:
Fourthly, are you looking for a Gluten-Free Vanilla Cheesecake recipe?
Today I am sharing a yummy vanilla cheesecake which you can top with all your favourite fruits or berries. Gluten Free Vanilla Cheesecake.
7 Homemade Jam Recipes To Try Out Today:
Firstly, hello friends, happy Thursday. Fancy making your own jam? I have 7 Homemade Jam Recipes to share with you today. How yummy!? 7 Homemade Jam Recipes To Try Out.
How To Make Rhubarb And Vanilla Jam:
Secondly, so do you fancy making your own Rhubarb & Vanilla Jam?
Not only is this rhubarb jam perfect for toast and as a sponge cake filling, it’s also delicious added to an apple crumble or pie, folded into whipped cream to make a fool or spooned over ice cream for a simple pudding. How To Make Rhubarb And Vanilla Jam.
How To Make Apple Pie Jam:
Thirdly, a Spoonful Anyone? How To Make Apple Pie Jam: A Spoonful Anyone?
How To Make Some Strawberry Vanilla And Apricot Amaretto Layered Jam:
Last but not least, happy Friday, the weekend has soon come around again.
Lastly, I am sharing this Edd Kimber Strawberry Vanilla and Apricot Amaretto Layered Jam.
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.