Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake: Afternoon Tea. Hello friends. Cake anyone?
I love, love, love lemon cake and today I’m sharing an Elderflower & Lemon Drizzle Cake as a guest post from Belvoir. How delicious!?
How To Make A Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50minutes
225g/8oz butter, softened
225g/8oz caster sugar
4 large eggs
225g/8oz self-raising flour, sifted
zest and juice 1 lemon
100ml/4floz Belvoir’s elderflower cordial
30ml/ 2 tbsp granulated sugar
Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake Method:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180C/ Fan160C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a (20cm) round, deep loose-based tin and base line with baking parchment.
2.) Place the butter sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl. Use an electric whisk to beat the butter and sugar together untl they are pale and fluffy.
3.) Gradually add the eggs, whisking well between additions and adding 2 tbsp of the flour with the last egg – this will prevent curdling.
4.) Sift over the remaining flour, then gently fold in with a metal spoon along with 2 tbsp hot water.
5.) Spoon into the prepared tin, level the surface and bake for 45-50 mins or until it is shrinking away from the sides of the tin.
6.) A fine skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins.
7.) Squeeze the lemon juice, then sieve to remove the bits, stir in the cordial.
8.) Use the fine skewer to prick the cake all over, pour over the syrup then sprinkle over the sugar – it should sink in but leave a crunchy crust.
9.) Leave to cool completely, before removing the cake from the tin. Serve in wedges.
Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake: Afternoon Tea. About this post – Recipe and photo credit by Belvoir Fruit Farms
What do you think of this Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake? Fancy making one for the weekend? Let us know if you get to make one. We would love to hear your thoughts.
You Might Also Like:
Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake:
Fancy making this Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake? This spectacular cheesecake is perfect for a special occasion.
Preparation 40 minutes, plus 2 hours setting and decorating. Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake.
Gluten-free Mini Elderflower And Lemon Loaf Cakes:
Do you fancy making some of these Gluten-free Mini Elderflower And Lemon Loaf Cakes?
These are quite delicious and very moist little cakes which are perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon or even as a gift individually wrapped in a small bag with a pretty ribbon. Gluten Free Mini Elderflower and Lemon Loaf Cakes.
How To Make An Elderflower And Lime Cheesecake:
I love all cakes and especially cheesecake. Today I am sharing an elderflower and lime cheesecake recipe with you.
This cheesecake recipe is one of the many things on my list to make over the weekend. yum yum!! Elderflower And Lime Cheesecake.
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Some Dreamy Photos From Margate And A Few Outfits
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- Happy Puppy Day: When Mollie Met Freddie
- OOTD: Donut Judge Me It’s Cheat Day