Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake. Afternoon Tea Recipes. Hello friends. So how are you today? Cake anyone?
(This post also contains banner ads. This means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link).
I love, love, love lemon cake and today I’m sharing an Elderflower & Lemon Drizzle Cake as a guest post from Belvoir. How delicious!? Such a simple cake that tastes amazing!
Would you like to make an Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake, this morning? So yummy. Indulge in the perfect afternoon tea treat with this Elderflower and Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe.
How To Make A Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake:
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake Ingredients.
- Secondly, Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake Method.
- Thirdly, Other Afternoon Tea Recipe Ideas.
This delightful combination of delicate elderflower and zesty lemon will transport your taste buds to a world of sweetness and sunshine. Learn how to bake this heavenly cake today and step up your tea-time experience!
Preparation time: 20 minutes || Cooking time: 45-50minutes
- 225g/8oz butter, softened
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour, sifted
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 100ml/4floz Belvoir’s Elderflower Cordial
- 30ml/ 2 tbsp granulated sugar
Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake Method:
How To Make:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180C/ Fan160C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a (20cm) round, deep loose-based tin and base line with baking parchment.
- Place the butter sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl. Use an electric whisk to beat the butter and sugar together until they are pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, whisking well between additions and adding 2 tbsp of the flour with the last egg – this will prevent curdling.
- Sift over the remaining flour, then gently fold in with a metal spoon along with 2 tbsp hot water.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, level the surface and bake for 45-50 mins or until it is shrinking away from the sides of the tin.
- A fine skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins.
- Squeeze the lemon juice, then sieve to remove the bits, stir in the cordial.
- Use the fine skewer to prick the cake all over, pour over the syrup then sprinkle over the sugar – it should sink in but leave a crunchy crust.
- Leave to cool completely, before removing the cake from the tin. Serve in wedges.
Afternoon Tea Recipe. About this post – Recipe and photo credit by Belvoir Fruit Farms.
You Might Also Need:
Elderflower sponge cake, yum yum!!
So what do you think of this Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake? Do you also fancy making one for the weekend? Let us know if you get to make one. We would love to hear your thoughts.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake. Fancy making this Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake? This spectacular cheesecake is perfect for a special occasion. Indulge in the tangy and floral flavours of Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake! This delicious dessert combines a creamy cheesecake base with zesty lemon and delicate elderflower, creating a delightful balance of flavours. Whether you’re hosting a fancy dinner party or simply craving something sweet, this cheesecake is sure to impress. Preparation 40 minutes, plus 2 hours setting and decorating. Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake. So good.
Secondly, Gluten-free Mini Elderflower And Lemon Loaf Cakes. Do you fancy making some of these Gluten-free Mini Elderflower And Lemon Loaf Cakes? These are quite delicious and very moist little cakes which are perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon or even as a gift individually wrapped in a small bag with a pretty ribbon. Gluten Free Mini Elderflower and Lemon Loaf Cakes. So tasty.
Thirdly, How To Make An Elderflower And Lime Cheesecake. I love all cakes and especially cheesecake. Today I am sharing an elderflower and lime cheesecake recipe with you. This cheesecake recipe is one of the many things on my list to make over the weekend. yum yum!!
Sometimes I like to make a nice big cheesecake to share with the family and sometimes I like to make them in individual glasses. So yummy. Cheesecakes are great for parties or just a nice weekend treat. Sometimes I like to top mine with fresh berries or fruit depending what I have in at the time. Elderflower And Lime Cheesecake. So yummy.
Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake:
Explore a a yummy world of afternoon tea cakes. From classic scones to exquisite pastries, my collection of tea-time delights will step up your afternoon tea experience. Discover delightful recipes to satisfy your sweet cravings and create memorable moments with friends and family.
Just hit the afternoon tea categories. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow Along On Facebook And Instagram for more posts.
Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates. So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.