Elderflower And Strawberry Panna Cotta.
Today I am sharing some Elderflower And Strawberry Panna Cotta.
They were developed by Ian Cumming, a finalist in this year’s Great British Bake Off for Belvoir Fruit Farms and their elderflower cordial.
Elderflower And Strawberry Panna Cotta:
Makes 4 standard (150ml) sized ramekins
100ml Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
1 gelatine leaf
3 ripe strawberries
400ml double cream
150ml Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
1tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
50g caster sugar
3 gelatine leaves
1.) Start with the jelly. Chill ramekins in fridge. Soak a leaf of gelatine in cold water for a few minutes.
2.) Gently warm the elderflower cordial to approx 50C. In a microwave this should take 30 – 40 seconds.
3.) Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine and dissolve in cordial. Divide between 4 ramekins.
4.) Cut the strawberries into small pieces and divide between ramekins.
5.) Chill ramekins in fridge until the jelly has set. (This should take about an hour.)
6.) Meanwhile start on the cream. In a small saucepan gently heat the cream until it is barely simmering and then turn off the heat. Dissolve in the caster sugar and salt.
7.) Soak the 3 leaves of gelatine in cold water for a few minutes.
8.) Meanwhile stir in the cordial, lemon juice and milk to the pan.
9.) Squeeze out the gelatine and stir it into the pan.
10.) Allow the pan to cool until it barely feels warm. (The temperature of it needs to be somewhere between 15 and 35C.) Then gently pour onto the jelly in the ramekins.
11.) Chill in the fridge for a couple more hours.
12.) To release the panna cottas from the ramekins run a blunt knife around the edge of them. Quickly dip the base of the ramekin in some very hot water then turn out onto a plate. (You may need a blunt knife to nudge them away from the side of the ramekin when they are upside down to release the vacuum.)
*Recipe and photography by Belvoir Fruit Farms *
*No Payment was received*
Some More Treats:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- 10 Tips To Create A Beautiful Tablescape For All Occasions
- Yummy Cocktails Recipe Creations And Some To Try
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- A Poppy Swing Dress That Never Goes Out Of Style
- Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter To Try Out
- Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day
- Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking How To Make
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie