Today I have a fun post to share with you:
Fake-Away recipes to keep you on track. If you’re avoiding takeaways at all cost but still find you’re getting the Friday evening cravings, these fake-away recipes from Pyrex are a must try!
From Asian style noodles to fiery curries and tasty sides, here are some homemade alternatives to keep your health kick on track.
If you’re planning the ultimate chilled night in why not prepare the recipe in advance and store it in a Pyrex Cook & Go, ready to reheat and enjoy at your leisure.
Fake-Away Recipes To Keep You On Track:
Sesame Chicken Satay Noodles:
Product: Pyrex Vintage Bowl
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
- 1 x 300g pack of egg noodles
- 120g mangetout
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150g leftover roast chicken, torn
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
For The Dressing:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse under cool running water.
- Place the noodles in a Pyrex Vintage Bowl with the mangetout, pepper, spring onions and chicken. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine everything together.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and coriander and serve at room temperature.
Easy Chicken Curry:
Product: Gusto Frying Pan- 28cm
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 600g chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 250ml chicken stock
- Heat the oil in the Pyrex Gusto+ Frying Pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the cumin, fennel, cinnamon and chilli. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and cook for two minutes until brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute. Stir in the garam masala, turmeric and sugar.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the chicken and cook for five minutes until coated in the paste.
- Stir in the chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with steamed rice and naan bread.
Ginger And Prawn Fried Rice:
Product: Gusto+ Wok- 28cm
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 50g garlic, finely sliced
- 100g cooked and peeled prawns
- A handful of spring onions, sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50g peas (thawed if frozen)
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 60g sweetcorn
- 600g cooked, cooled rice
- 50ml light soy sauce
- 50ml rice wine or dry sherry
- Heat the oil in the Pyrex Gusto+ Wok over a medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic, stirring quickly for 30 seconds until just fragrant.
- Add the prawns and half of the spring onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Make a hole in the middle of the wok and pour in the beaten egg. Leave it to set for a minute, then break it up with a wooden spoon and stir well to scramble.
- Stir in the peas, carrots and sweetcorn and cook for one minute.
- Combine the cooked rice and the soy sauce then stir into the wok. Cook, stirring regularly, for five minutes until heated through.
- Add the rice wine and the remaining spring onions, tossing to coat.
Tomato And Basil Pizza:
Product: Pyrex pizza tray
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 packet of pizza base mix
- ½ jar of ready-made pizza topping
- olive oil for greasing & frying
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 150g mozzarella, torn into pieces
- basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100g kalamata black olives
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas mark 7.
- Make the pizza base according to the pack instructions. Roll into a circle approx. 5mm thick and place onto an oiled Pyrex pizza tray.
- Spread the pizza topping over the base.
- Sauté the onions & garlic in a little olive oil until soft. Arrange on top of the pizza base with the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, pepper & black olives.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Fake-Away Recipes To Keep You On Track recipes courtesy of Pyrex.