Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon.
Fennel And Persimon Filo Star Tart.
Fancy making a Fennel And Persimon Filo Star Tart?
Make this spectacular Persimon star tart for a vegetarian treat.
How To Make A Fennel And Persimon Filo Star Tart:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
You Will Need:
- 1 Spanish persimon
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced into thin wedges
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs to garnish
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 270g pack filo pastry, thawed if frozen
- 80g butter, melted
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 25g Parmesan shavings
Fennel And Persimon Filo Star Tart Method:
1 Remove and discard the leafy top from the Spanish persimon, then slice the fruit neatly. Cover and set aside.
2 Heat 2tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions until soft. Remove from the pan and cool. Add the remaining oil to the frying pan and gently fry the fennel until golden – about 6-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add 5tbsp water, the thyme, garlic and lemon zest. Cover with a lid and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
3 Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan oven 200°C, Gas mark 7. Grease a large baking sheet with melted butter.
4 Unroll the sheets of filo pastry. Brush each sheet of pastry lightly with butter, stacking them on top of each other on the baking sheet to form a large circle (you will need to put each sheet on top of the last at a different angle).
5 Spread the mustard evenly over the centre of the pastry (about 20cm across). Scatter the onions on top, then arrange the fennel and persimon slices on top, fanning them out into a star shape. Sprinkle with Parmesan shavings. Scrunch and fold the pastry around the edges of the tart. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then serve, garnished with thyme sprigs.
Cook’s tip: Try crumbling some Blue Stilton or feta cheese onto the tart when it’s still warm – or add some slices of Cambozola or Italian Dolcelatte.
Fennel And Persimon Filo Star Tart Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon
What do you think of this Fennel And Persimon Filo Star Tart recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
- Lady & The Tramp Shirt With Jeans And Street Art
- Dark Red Jumper Dress To Match My Flowers
- Showtime Now bring On The Cabaret, My Friends
- Spooky Photoshoot In The Woods
- Happy Balloons Around The World Day
- Bake Halloween Cookies: 31 Days Of October
- Autumn Layering Fashion Ideas: 31 Days Of
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October
- Red And Black Polka Dot Shirt From The Charity Shop
- Last Days Of The Warm Sunshine And Summer Dresses