Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve: Figs In Jam. Hello friends, so how are you today? Happy Tuesday. Also, happy 1st of February. Lighter nights will soon be here.
So do you fancy making your own jam? If you love figs, this is the jam for you! Try it in a sandwich with sliced Brie or Cheshire cheese, or simply enjoy it on toast or crumpets. So tasty.
Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve:
Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve. Discover the sweet art of making Preserved Figs and Caramelised Pecans! This step-by-step guide will show you how to create this delicious treat, perfect for enhancing your culinary skills and impressing your guests.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve Ingredients.
- Secondly, Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Make Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve:
Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve. Preserved figs and caramelised pecans: Figs In Jam How are you doing today, friends? This is the jam for you if you like figs. It’s delicious on toast or crumpets, or in a sandwich with sliced Brie or Cheshire cheese.
Learn the secrets to preserving figs and achieving perfectly caramelised pecans in this delightful recipe
Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 x 400g jars
- 500g fresh figs, trimmed and quartered
- 200ml water
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 500g Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar
- 100g pecan nuts
- 2tbsp Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
How To Make This Recipe:
- Put the figs into a large saucepan with the water, lemon zest and juice. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally until the figs are soft – about 5-10 minutes.
- Tip in the Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar and stir it in carefully to avoid breaking up the fruit. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil the mixture gently until a soft set is reached. This could happen quite quickly, so check by placing a teaspoonful of the mixture onto a cold saucer and cooling it quickly. Push the surface with your finger – it should crinkle slightly, but should not be stiff. If this point has not been reached, continue to cook, checking regularly.
- Turn off the heat and allow the jam to settle for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, sterilize 4 x 400g clean jam jars by placing them in a low oven at 150°C, fan 130°C, Gas Mark 2 for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the caramelized pecans. Put them into a dry frying pan and heat for 1-2 minutes, turning often. Add the caster sugar and continue to heat until the sugar melts and begins to caramelize. Remove from the heat and cool for a few moments. Stir the pecans into the jam, then pour it into the hot sterilized jars. Seal with the lids. Leave to cool, then label. Store in a cool place for up to 1 year.
Cook’s Tip: You could use walnut halves instead of pecans if you prefer.
Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve: Figs In Jam:
Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve. Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile. Updated post. First published here 23rd May 2017.
So what do you think of this Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve? Do you also fancy making some?
Are you looking for some more jam recipes to try out? Here are all the jam recipes on this blog: Jam Recipes.
Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, 7 Homemade Jam Recipes To Try Out Today. Today I’m going to share 7 homemade jam recipes with you. What a delicacy! Indulge in the delicious world of homemade jams with my collection of 7 irresistible jam recipes.
From classic strawberry to Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam, discover the art of preserving flavors at home. Sweeten your day with these delightful creations.mI love jam on my morning toast, and here are seven recipes to get you started. 7 Homemade Jam Recipes To Try Out.
Secondly, How To Make Rhubarb And Vanilla Jam. So do you fancy making your own jam? Not only is this rhubarb jam perfect for toast and as a sponge cake filling, but also delicious added to an apple crumble or pie, folded into whipped cream to make a fool or spooned over ice cream for a simple pudding. How To Make Rhubarb And Vanilla Jam.
How To Make Apple Pie Jam: A Spoonful Anyone?
Thirdly, How To Make Apple Pie Jam: A Spoonful Anyone? The scent of apple pie spices pervades this delightful jam. It can be made all year because it does not rely on seasonal fruit. Learn the art of crafting tasty Apple Pie Jam with this step-by-step guide.
Capture the essence of warm, homemade apple pie in a jar. Discover the perfect blend of sweetness and spice in this delightful jam-making adventure. It’s delicious spread on toast, crumpets, scones, and pancakes. Also, a teaspoon on your oatmeal is a good idea! How To Make Apple Pie Jam: A Spoonful Anyone?
Fourthly, How To Make Some Strawberry Vanilla And Apricot Amaretto Layered Jam. Today I am sharing this Edd Kimber Strawberry Vanilla and Apricot Amaretto Layered Jam. How yummy!? As I’m presenting today: How To Make Some Strawberry Vanilla, Apricot Amaretto Layered Jam.
How To Make Peach Jam And Peach Pie Cocktail:
Fifth, How To Make Peach Jam And Peach Pie Cocktail. Looking for a one-of-a-kind cocktail recipe? Today, I’m going to show you how to make a Peach Jam and Peach Pie Cocktail. So delectable! How To Make Peach Jam And Peach Pie Cocktail.
Sixth, Mango And Passion Fruit Jam Recipe. Anyone up for a batch of Mango and Passion Fruit Jam? So delicious! Who doesn’t appreciate a jam filling in their creamed Victoria sponge cakes? Great for morning toast or adding to afternoon tea preparations.
If you choose, you can also add a splash of white or dark rum to this recipe. What’s not to like about that? Mango And Passion Fruit Jam Recipe.
Seventh, Strawberry Prosecco Jam: Great For Afternoon Tea. So you want to make a jam that has a little zing to it?
Making strawberry prosecco jam is a great idea. This delicious jam goes perfectly with scones and clotted cream (and a glass of wine). Perfect afternoon tea. So yummy. Strawberry Prosecco Jam: Great For Afternoon Tea.
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake:
Eighth, Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake. Do you want to try a piece of Earl Grey’s Blueberry and Almond Polenta Cake? So delicious!! This creamy almond polenta cake is absolutely delicious, and it’s also gluten-free!
I’m really looking forward to making one of these cakes, especially since it’s gluten-free! Furthermore, my gluten-free daughter would adore this cake! I would as well! Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake.
Last but not least, How To Make Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam. So today I’ve got a delicious breakfast jam recipe for you to spread on your toast and enjoy with your morning cup of tea. Perhaps a cup of Earls Grey as well!?
Alternatively, it can be used as a jam topping at any time of day. Who doesn’t appreciate a tablespoon of jam on their tea scone in the afternoon? How To Make Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam.
Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve:
Fig And Caramelized Pecan Preserve. Thank you so much for stopping by. Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook
Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also follow along on Facebook for regular updates.