Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve: Figs In Jam.
If you love figs, this is the jam for you!
Try it in a sandwich with sliced Brie or Cheshire cheese, or simply enjoy it on toast or crumpets.
How To Make Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 x 400g jars
500g fresh figs, trimmed and quartered
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
500g Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar
100g pecan nuts
2tbsp Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Put the figs into a large saucepan with the water, lemon zest and juice. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally until the figs are soft – about 5-10 minutes.
2. Tip in the Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar and stir it in carefully to avoid breaking up the fruit. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Boil the mixture gently until a soft set is reached. This could happen quite quickly, so check by placing a teaspoonful of the mixture onto a cold saucer and cooling it quickly. Push the surface with your finger – it should crinkle slightly, but should not be stiff. If this point has not been reached, continue to cook, checking regularly.
4. Turn off the heat and allow the jam to settle for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, sterilize 4 x 400g clean jam jars by placing them in a low oven at 150°C, fan 130°C, Gas Mark 2 for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the caramelized pecans. Put them into a dry frying pan and heat for 1-2 minutes, turning often. Add the caster sugar and continue to heat until the sugar melts and begins to caramelize. Remove from the heat and cool for a few moments. Stir the pecans into the jam, then pour it into the hot sterilized jars. Seal with the lids. Leave to cool, then label. Store in a cool place for up to 1 year.
Cook’s Tip: You could use walnut halves instead of pecans if you prefer.
Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think of this Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve?
Fancy making some?
Are you looking for some more jam recipes to try out?
Here are all the jam recipes on this blog: Jam Recipes.
- If My Hair Looks Good, I Can Deal With Anything
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Skies Are Blue
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion