Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve: Figs In Jam.
If you love figs, this is the jam for you!
Try it in a sandwich with sliced Brie or Cheshire cheese, or simply enjoy it on toast or crumpets.
How To Make Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 x 400g jars
500g fresh figs, trimmed and quartered
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
500g Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar
100g pecan nuts
2tbsp Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Put the figs into a large saucepan with the water, lemon zest and juice. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally until the figs are soft – about 5-10 minutes.
2. Tip in the Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar and stir it in carefully to avoid breaking up the fruit. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Boil the mixture gently until a soft set is reached. This could happen quite quickly, so check by placing a teaspoonful of the mixture onto a cold saucer and cooling it quickly. Push the surface with your finger – it should crinkle slightly, but should not be stiff. If this point has not been reached, continue to cook, checking regularly.
4. Turn off the heat and allow the jam to settle for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, sterilize 4 x 400g clean jam jars by placing them in a low oven at 150°C, fan 130°C, Gas Mark 2 for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the caramelized pecans. Put them into a dry frying pan and heat for 1-2 minutes, turning often. Add the caster sugar and continue to heat until the sugar melts and begins to caramelize. Remove from the heat and cool for a few moments. Stir the pecans into the jam, then pour it into the hot sterilized jars. Seal with the lids. Leave to cool, then label. Store in a cool place for up to 1 year.
Cook’s Tip: You could use walnut halves instead of pecans if you prefer.
Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think of this Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve?
Fancy making some?
Are you looking for some more jam recipes to try out?
Here are all the jam recipes on this blog: Jam Recipes.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Latest From The Blog:
- A View From Sky Gardens Also The Effects From Stress
- Peanuts Snoopy Pink Sweatshirt And How I Styled
- Vintage Steampunk Hat Reminds Me Of Alice
- All We Hear Is Radio Ga Ga Radio Goo Goo Radio Ga Ga
- Snow Way!! What I Wore In The Snow: Over 40 Style
- Street Art Saturday: How To Fake It Till You Make It!!
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- 5 Fun Dog Quotes To Start Your Weekend
- Never Rains But It Pours… Over 40 Style Blogger
- Hot Pink Dress Teamed Up With Miss Piggy Shoes
- Don’t Look Back In Anger I Hear You Say
- Rest In Peace Dad, We Love You So Much…
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go