Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken.
Created for the Queen’s coronation in 1953, what street party would be complete without Coronation Chicken?
Celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday with this Royal recipe from Hellmann’s.
How To Make Coronation Chicken Sandwich:
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 80 minutes
1kg whole organic chicken
2 large onions, sliced
1 carrot, roughly sliced
2 sprigs tarragon
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tsps medium curry powder
2 tsps tomato puree
1 tsp light muscovado sugar
4 dollops Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
200g low-far crème fraiche
1 tbsp lemon juice
Handful of sultanas
8 slices deseeded wholegrain bread
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 spring onion, chopped
How To Make:
1.) Place the chicken in a large saucepan and add the water, 1 onion, carrot, tarragon and bay leaf. Bring to the toil and then simmer slowly, poaching the chicken for 1 hour until cooked. Leave chicken to cool in the liquid. Remove chicken and retain 200ml of the liquid.
2.) In a separate frying pan, heat the oil. Cook the remaining onion for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until softened, but not brown. Add the curry powder, tomato puree, muscovado sugar and retained chicken liquid. Bring to the boil and pass through a fine sieve.
3.) When completely cool, add the Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise, crème fraiche, lemon juice and sultanas to the curry mix. Shred the chicken into bite-sized portions and mix thoroughly with the coronation sauce.
4.) Lay out four slices of the bread, spoon on the chicken spread equally across the 4 sandwiches, sprinkle on some chopped coriander and spring onions. Now top with remaining slices of bread. Serve immediately.
5.) Store any remaining chicken mixture in the fridge for extra sandwiches.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Hellmann’s*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Coronation Chicken sandwich?
Do you think it is Fit For The Queen?
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing