Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken. Hello friends, so how are you today? Created for the Queen’s coronation in 1953, what street party would be complete without Coronation Chicken?
Celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday with this Royal recipe from Hellmann’s.
- Firstly, Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken Ingredients.
- Secondly, Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken Method.
- Thirdly, Also Some Other Recipe Ideas.
This post also contains affiliate links and ad banners. This means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link. Also, affiliate links will be marked with a *.
How To Make Coronation Chicken Sandwich:
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 80 minutes
- 1kg whole organic chicken
- 1.5l water
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, roughly sliced
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tsps. medium curry powder
- 2 tsps. tomato puree
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 4 dollops Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- 200g low-far crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of sultanas
- 8 slices deseeded wholegrain bread
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion, chopped
How To Make Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken:
1.) Firstly, place the chicken in a large saucepan and add the water, 1 onion, carrot, tarragon and bay leaf. Bring to the toil and then simmer slowly, poaching the chicken for 1 hour until cooked. Leave chicken to cool in the liquid. Remove chicken and retain 200ml of the liquid.
2.) In a separate frying pan, heat the oil. Cook the remaining onion for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until softened, but not brown. Add the curry powder, tomato puree, muscovado sugar and retained chicken liquid. Bring to the boil and pass through a fine sieve.
3.) When completely cool, add the Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise, crème fraiche, lemon juice and sultanas to the curry mix. Shred the chicken into bite-sized portions and mix thoroughly with the coronation sauce.
4.) Lay out four slices of the bread, spoon on the chicken spread equally across the 4 sandwiches, sprinkle on some chopped coriander and spring onions. Now top with remaining slices of bread. Serve immediately.
5.) Store any remaining chicken mixture in the fridge for extra sandwiches.
Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken
Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken. Recipe and recipe photography by Hellmann’s So what do you think of this Coronation Chicken sandwich? Would you also like to try this recipe? So do you think it is Fit For The Queen?
You Might Also Like These Affiliated Links Below:
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, 10 Savoury Party Food Ideas And Christmas Snacks. We love party food here at our house. Any time of the week, month or year. We just love to make party food. You do not need a celebration or party to make party food, do you? 10 Savoury Party Food Ideas And Christmas Snacks. So tasty.
- Secondly, 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends. Do you like to plan ahead and try and find the perfect cake recipes before you need them; like me? Are you looking for a cake recipe that stands out for your BBQ or garden parties? Looking for a cake to share with family at the weekends. 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends. So yummy.
- Thirdly, 11 Easter Cakes You Will Want To Bake For Yourself. Would you like to make a cake rather than eat lots of chocolate this Easter? Are you looking for a special cake to make over the Easter weekend? 11 Easter Cakes You Will Want To Bake For Yourself. So good.
- Fourthly, 11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies And Tarts Ideas For Christmas. Do you like a tasty mince pie at Christmas? If so, you might fancy trying one of these 11 Mince Pies And Tarts Ideas For Christmas. 11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies And Tarts Ideas For Christmas. So much fun to bake.
Diamond Jubilee Royal Shortbread Biscuits
- Fifth, Diamond Jubilee Royal Shortbread Biscuits. Celebrate the Jubilee festivities by also making a batch of these buttery shortbread biscuits – they’ll be your crowning glory! Diamond Jubilee Royal Shortbread Biscuits. So sweet.
- Sixth, 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration. As today I am sharing 12 yummy vegan recipes with you. 12 Recipes For Veganuary #Veganuary. So many ideas.
- Seventh, 3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make. I love homemade apple pies. Do you too? Served warm with custard or ice cream, yummy! Whenever I see them, I can’t help thinking of my Grandma. 3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make. So traditional.
3 Bio-tiful Dairy Summertime Recipes
- Eighth, 3 Bio-tiful Dairy Summertime Recipes. Also perfect for serving up on a warm afternoon for lunch in the garden. Homemade Ice cream, how yummy!? 3 Bio-tiful Dairy Summertime Recipes. So many yummy ideas.
- Ninth, 3 Summer Afternoon Treats. Perfect for also sharing in the garden this Summer. 3 Summer Afternoon Treats To Try Out. So good.
- Last But Not Least, 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party. The weather has been beautiful over the last few days and it had got me making plans to get the garden ready for Summer. 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party. So tasty.
Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken:
Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post?
This post also contains affiliate links, and ad banners. Which means I may receive a commission if you click on one and make a purchase. If you purchase through an affiliate link, you will not be charged any additional costs. Also, a * will also appear next to affiliate links.