Florentine’s: Sweet Traditional Christmas Treats.
Fancy makings some Florentine?
These sweet biscuit can have any of your favourite nuts and fruits in them. Just adapt this recipe and add all your favourites inside.
Nothing says how much you care than a homemade present – and these Florentine’s are so quick and easy.
Make them look really professional with a celophane bag and some ribbon.
Who wouldn’t love these as a gift at Christmas?
Florentine’s: Sweet Traditional Christmas Treats:
Makes 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
25g (1oz) butter
25g (1oz) light brown soft sugar
100g (3½oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
2 tsp plain flour
150g (5½oz) mixed dried fruit and nuts such as apricots, cranberries, blueberries, cherries, toasted flaked almonds, desiccated coconut etc.
85g (3oz) dark chocolate
1.) Preheat the oven to 180C, (160C for fan ovens) or Gas Mark 4.
2.) Melt the butter and sugar in a non-stick saucepan stirring until combined.
3.) Add the condensed milk and heat until just bubbling.
4.) Stir in the plain flour and mix until smooth.
5.) Stir in the dried fruit and nuts.
6.) Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes until turning golden brown at the edges.
7.) Leave to cool on the tray.
8.) When cool, melt the chocolate and spread a small amount on the flat side of the Florentine then drag a fork through the chocolate to make wavy lines.
Do you like to make homemade gifts?
Recipe and photo credit by- Carnation
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review