Florentine’s: Sweet Traditional Christmas Treats.
Fancy makings some Florentine?
These sweet biscuit can have any of your favourite nuts and fruits in them. Just adapt this recipe and add all your favourites inside.
Nothing says how much you care than a homemade present – and these Florentine’s are so quick and easy.
Make them look really professional with a celophane bag and some ribbon.
Who wouldn’t love these as a gift at Christmas?
Florentine’s: Sweet Traditional Christmas Treats:
Makes 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
25g (1oz) butter
25g (1oz) light brown soft sugar
100g (3½oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
2 tsp plain flour
150g (5½oz) mixed dried fruit and nuts such as apricots, cranberries, blueberries, cherries, toasted flaked almonds, desiccated coconut etc.
85g (3oz) dark chocolate
1.) Preheat the oven to 180C, (160C for fan ovens) or Gas Mark 4.
2.) Melt the butter and sugar in a non-stick saucepan stirring until combined.
3.) Add the condensed milk and heat until just bubbling.
4.) Stir in the plain flour and mix until smooth.
5.) Stir in the dried fruit and nuts.
6.) Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes until turning golden brown at the edges.
7.) Leave to cool on the tray.
8.) When cool, melt the chocolate and spread a small amount on the flat side of the Florentine then drag a fork through the chocolate to make wavy lines.
Do you like to make homemade gifts?
Recipe and photo credit by- Carnation
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- Nottingham Castle And The Robin Hood Statue
- 10 Tips To Create A Beautiful Tablescape For All Occasions