Florentine’s: Sweet Traditional Christmas Treats.
Fancy makings some Florentine?
These sweet biscuit can have any of your favourite nuts and fruits in them. Just adapt this recipe and add all your favourites inside.
Nothing says how much you care than a homemade present – and these Florentine’s are so quick and easy.
Make them look really professional with a celophane bag and some ribbon.
Who wouldn’t love these as a gift at Christmas?
Florentine’s: Sweet Traditional Christmas Treats:
Makes 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
25g (1oz) butter
25g (1oz) light brown soft sugar
100g (3½oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
2 tsp plain flour
150g (5½oz) mixed dried fruit and nuts such as apricots, cranberries, blueberries, cherries, toasted flaked almonds, desiccated coconut etc.
85g (3oz) dark chocolate
1.) Preheat the oven to 180C, (160C for fan ovens) or Gas Mark 4.
2.) Melt the butter and sugar in a non-stick saucepan stirring until combined.
3.) Add the condensed milk and heat until just bubbling.
4.) Stir in the plain flour and mix until smooth.
5.) Stir in the dried fruit and nuts.
6.) Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes until turning golden brown at the edges.
7.) Leave to cool on the tray.
8.) When cool, melt the chocolate and spread a small amount on the flat side of the Florentine then drag a fork through the chocolate to make wavy lines.
Do you like to make homemade gifts?
Recipe and photo credit by- Carnation
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine