I love cheesecake and today I have a yummy treat for you:
Fresh strawberry and vanilla New York-style cheesecake!!
How To Make A Fresh Strawberry And Vanilla New York-style Cheesecake:
- 125g McVitie’s Hobnobs biscuits or Waitrose Vanilla Viennese Swirls
- 125g Seriously Gingery All Butter Dark Chocolate & Ginger Biscuits
- 25g butter, melted
- 600g cream cheese
- 75g caster sugar
- 4 large essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Few sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped
- 170ml tub soured cream
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C, gas mark 2. Line the base of a 23cm springform loose-bottomed cake tin with parchment paper.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and whizz until fine crumbs.
- Tip into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix well.
- Press the biscuits into the base of the tin and place in the fridge to chill.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric hand whisk until smooth then carefully add the eggs one at a time, with the vanilla extract, until well mixed – be careful not to over whisk.
- Pour the mixture onto the chilled biscuit base and bake in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes until just set.
- Turn off the heat and leave the cake to cool in the oven with the door open.
- Meanwhile, place the strawberries in a bowl with the icing sugar and mint and toss together well.
- When the cheesecake is completely cooled, spoon the soured cream over the top and spread to give a thin layer then decorate with the fresh, minted strawberries.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Waitrose Fresh Strawberry And Vanilla New Your Style Cheesecake*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Fresh Strawberry And Vanilla New York-style Cheesecake?
Fancy making one?