Fried Le Rustique Camembert Pieces And Nettle Pesto.
Happy Sunday. Fried Le Rustique Camembert Pieces and Nettle Pesto anyone?
Le Rustique Camembert eight portions offers the same bold taste and creamy texture of the original wheel but are conveniently wrapped into eight individual 30g portions making the perfect nibble or starter. In this recipe, Le Rustique Camembert pieces are on the table in less than an hour and are complemented perfectly by the nettle pesto.
During spring, nettles are at their most delicious (tasting a bit like spinach!), full of Vitamin C and iron and are also a natural body cleanser. Growing in abundance across the UK, nettles are commonly known for the sting when you pick them, so we’ve provided some tips on how to harvest your own without hurting your fingers:
* Use rubber gloves
* Pick in spring when the nettles are very tender
* Pick the young leaves from the tips
* Once picked, lay the nettles out to wilt as, once wilted, they will no longer sting you
* When wilted, pull the leaves off the stems
How To Make Fried Le Rustique Camembert Pieces and Nettle Pesto:
Serves: 16 pieces
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 150g young nettles
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 50g aged parmesan
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 150 – 200ml rapeseed oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 free range eggs
- 100g flour
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 2 packs of Le Rustique Camembert Mini Portions 240g Tip: or use 2 Le Rustique Camemberts 250g cut in 8 portions each.
- 1L sunflower oil
- Bring a pan of water to the boil to cook the nettles. They won’t sting you once cooked but ensure to wear gloves when picking off the stalks.
- Transfer the nettles into the water and use a spoon to cover them all. Cook for one minute, drain and run under cold water.
- Squeeze out the nettles and pop in a food processor with the breadcrumbs, parmesan, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic and blitz.
- Gently pour in the oil until you get a good consistency, season and serve in a lovely ramekin. Tip: You can keep any leftovers in an airtight container and use over the next few days.
- Whisk the eggs together and place in a flat short sided container. Season the flour and bread crumbs separately and place in containers.
- Set up your work surface with all three containers and unwrap all the cheese pieces
- Pane the Le Rustique Camembert pieces one by one by covering in flour first, then eggs and then breadcrumbs. TIP: Use two forks to juggle the Le Rustique Camembert pieces through each stage and place on a plate when covered and ready.
- Shallow fry the cheese in sunflower oil, keep turning until brown and crispy on each side.
- Blot the cheese pieces on a sheet of kitchen paper to remove any excess oil and stack on a place next to your pesto ramekin and enjoy whilst warm.
- Tip: you can keep the cheese warm in the oven at 50°C if you are frying in batches
Recipe created by Alex Head at Social Pantry.
Recipe and image courtesy of LeRustique.
What do you think of this Fried Le Rustique Camembert Pieces and Nettle Pesto recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October
- The Queen: Blue Mondays & London Street Art
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- 10 Tips To Create A Beautiful Tablescape For All Occasions
- Yummy Cocktails Recipe Creations And Some To Try
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review