Fruit Cocktail Cake Bars: Cakes You Can Make All Year. Fancy making some of these fruit cocktail cake bars?
These cake bars are easy to make and contain tinned fruit so you can make them at any time of the year.
No need to wait for these fruits to be in season. These cake bars make lovely little snacks or lunchbox treats.
How To Make Fruit Cocktail Cake Bars:
2 medium eggs
1 480g can Del Monte® Fruit Cocktail in Juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
300g plain flour
11/2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp salt
80g flaked coconut
50g chopped walnuts
40g butter or margarine
2 tbs milk
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
How To Make:
1. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and eggs together. Add the fruit cocktail with the juice and vanilla essence and mix well.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased 25cm x 32cm x 2cm baking tray. Sprinkle with the coconut and walnuts.
4. Bake at 160oC/140oC Fan/Gas Mark 3 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, mix and bring the sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Remove from the heat, add vanilla essence and mix well. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and leave to cool. Cut into 15 individual cake bars.
Recipes and images courtesy of Del Monte Europe. Would you like to make some of these fruit cocktail cake bars?
Let me know if you get to try some. Or what about these puff pasty peach bites?
Fun to bake over the Easter holiday’s with the children or pin for a rainy day. We love baking on rainy days when we can not go too far.
Looking For More Cake Ideas?
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- Goat’s Cheese Brushetta: Great For Christmas Starters
- What To Make On Chocolate Covered Anything Day?
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas 2020
- Rudolph’s Cranberry Mocktail: How Amazing!?
- Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!!
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts