Fruit Cocktail Cake Bars: Cakes You Can Make All Year.
Fancy making some of these fruit cocktail cake bars?
These cake bars are easy to make and contain tinned fruit so you can make them at any time of the year.
No need to wait for these fruits to be in season.
These cake bars make lovely little snacks or lunchbox treats.
How To Make Fruit Cocktail Cake Bars:
2 medium eggs
1 480g can Del Monte® Fruit Cocktail in Juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
300g plain flour
11/2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp salt
80g flaked coconut
50g chopped walnuts
40g butter or margarine
2 tbs milk
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
How To Make:
1. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and eggs together. Add the fruit cocktail with the juice and vanilla essence and mix well.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased 25cm x 32cm x 2cm baking tray. Sprinkle with the coconut and walnuts.
4. Bake at 160oC/140oC Fan/Gas Mark 3 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, mix and bring the sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Remove from the heat, add vanilla essence and mix well. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and leave to cool. Cut into 15 individual cake bars.
Recipes and images courtesy of Del Monte Europe.
Would you like to make some of these fruit cocktail cake bars?
Let me know if you get to try some.
Or what about these puff pasty peach bites?
How To Make Peach Bites.
Fun to bake over the Easter holiday’s with the children or pin for a rainy day. We love baking on rainy days when we can not go too far.
Looking For More Cake Ideas?
11 Easter Cakes You Will Want To Bake For Yourself.
Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting.
Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears.
Martha Collison’s Heart-Shaped Churros With Hot Chocolate Dip.
A Classic Red Velvet Cake Recipe: Valentine’s Day treat.
Martha’s Vegan Chocolate Cake By Martha Collison.
Bloodshot Eye Balls: All The Better To See You.
BerryWorld Blueberry And Apple Crumble Cake.
How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins.
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: