My husband loves trifles so I made him this earlier this week.
It took me a few days to make as we ate all the trifle sponges I made and I had to make some more again the next day!!
- 1 Strawberry flavour jelly tablet (that make 1 pint of jelly).
- 2 Medium eggs
- 75g Caster sugar
- 75g Self raising flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extracts
- 4-5 Tablespoons strawberry conserve
- Sprinkle of caster sugar
- 1 Oranges
- 500g Ready made fresh custard
- 300g Double cream
- 125g Blueberries
- Make up 1 pint of strawberry jelly in a bowl, then night before or with plenty of time to leave to set. Leave in fridge until needed.
- Make the trifle sponges up the night before too or a few hours before you need them. Pre-heat the oven to 200c fan.
- Grease and line a swiss roll tin.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, caster sugar, self raising flour and vanilla extracts together until thick and creamy.
- Pop the mixture into greased swiss roll tin and move the tin around to make the mixture even.
- Bake for around 8-10 minutes.Until nice and light brown.
- Place some grease proof paper out and sprinkle the caster sugar on it.
- Take your cake from the oven and transfer upside down from tin onto the sugar paper.
- Remove the grease proof paper.
- Spread around 4-5 tablespoons of strawberry conserve all over the cake.
- Roll the cake longways, until all cake is rolled up and you have a long swiss roll style base.
- Cut whilst warm into 12 slices.
- Leave to cool.
Making the trifle up:
- Arrange the swiss roll trifle sponges around the bottom and up the sides of a big glass dish.
- Peel the orange and cut down the segments to make little orange cubes.
- Take the jelly from the fridge and mix up with a spoon. Tip on top of the sponge and orange.
- Spoon the custard on top.
- Pour the double cream into a bowl and whisk with an electric mixers until thickly whipped.
- Pop on top of the trifle.
- Wash and arrange the blueberries on top.
Do you like trifle?