Recipe and images courtesy of South African Fruit.
Garden Route Jam Jar Adventure: Layered Salad Jar. Happy Saturday. Any fun plans for the weekend or Mothering Sunday?
Nothing much planned here as my Husband is working and my older Sons both live far away. Garden Route Jam Jar Adventure anyone?
How To Make An Garden Route Jam Jar Adventure:
These layered salads are made in Kilner jars or screw-topped jam jars, with dinky little side jars of extra dressing.
They’re perfect for a healthy packed lunch – and brilliant for picnics too!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
2 South African Pink Lady or Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
1tbsp lemon juice
1 large carrot, grated
¼ cucumber, chopped
20g raisins or sultanas
20g roast peanuts
150g roast chicken, cut into chunks
1 South African Conference pear, cored and cut into chunks
3tbsp natural yogurt
½tsp ground turmeric
½tsp ground cumin
1tbsp chopped fresh coriander or parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 x 400g cans mixed bean salad, drained
4 small handfuls salad leaves
4tbsp olive oil
3tbsp lemon juice
1tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
How To Make:
1 Mix together the apple, lemon juice, carrot, cucumber, raisins or sultanas and peanuts. Share between 4 Kilner jars or large screw-topped jars.
2 Combine the chicken, pear, yogurt, turmeric, cumin and coriander or parsley. Season. Spoon into the jars and top with the mixed beans and salad leaves. Seal with the lids and keep cool.
3 For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey with a little salt and pepper. Pour into small jars. Use to dress the salads just before serving.
For a vegetarian version use feta cheese instead of chicken.
The campaign is run by HORTGRO, the industry association representing South African fruit growers. Recipe and images courtesy of: South African Fruit.
What do you think of this Garden Route Jam Jar Adventure recipe? Fancy trying it?
You might like to make one of these tasty salads up in a jam jar:
How To Make A Nice And Healthy Feta and Grilled Peach Salad With Toasted Seeds:
Want to give your summer recipes and salad recipes a healthy boost? Then include a good helping of delicious nutrient-dense seeds. How tasty!?
You can add them to tasty salads like this Feta and Grilled Peach Salad With Toasted Seeds.
Crayfish, Avocado And Watercress Salad With Cucumber And Lime Butter:
I have a nice and healthy Watercress recipe to share with you, Crayfish, Avocado and Watercress Salad with Cucumber and Lime Butter. Salads, not just for Summer!? Crayfish, Avocado And Watercress Salad With Cucumber And Lime Butter.
Superfood Strawberry And Pine Nut Salad:
I love strawberries in anything and everything and today I have a Superfood Strawberry and Pine Nut Salad to share with you.
Strawberry salad with avocado, rocket, wild rice, pine nuts and a tasty dressing. How yummy!! Superfood Strawberry and Pine Nut Salad.
21st Century Salad:
21st Century Salad Full of Fantastic Flavours. Fancy making up this 21st Century Salad recipe?
This up-to-the-minute salad is full of fantastic flavours and good-for-you ingredients, helping to take you towards your 10-a-day total for fruit and veg. 21st Century Salad Full Of Fantastic Flavours. It’s great for vegans and vegetarians too!
How To Make An Italian Orzo Pasta Mason Jar Salad:
I love to make up salads in Mason Jar and save them in the fridge until lunch time. Always something healthy ready made up to snack on too.
Today I have an Italian Orzo Pasta Mason Jar Salad recipe to share with you. This is just what I need after lots of junk food over the weekend too. How To Make An Italian Orzo Pasta Mason Jar Salad.
- Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple
- 5 Mix And Match Salad Jar Recipes To Try Out
- Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice
- BerryWorld Strawberry, Crab and Avocado Salad
- Toasted Walnut, Black Bean, Corn And Tomato Salad
- Asparagus, Tuna And Bean Salad With Shallot: How To
- 3 Winter Salads To Add To Your Meal Plan This Week
- Butternut Squash, Quinoa, Pear and Walnut Bowl
- Celery And Apple Matchstick Salad: Celery Salad Recipe
- Salmon, Walnut And Avocado Grain Bowls
- Steamed Chantenay And Little Gem Salad With Feta
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion Salad With A Lime And Chilli Dressing
- Honey Mustard Turkey And Chantenay Salad With Pine Nuts And Goats Cheese
- Lemon Roasted Chantenay With Feta And Mint Couscous Salad
- Shallot, Courgette, British Asparagus Salad
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Skies Are Blue
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes