Recipe and images courtesy of Belvoir Fruit Farms.
Ginger And Custard Crumble Cake, anyone?
As the evenings draw in and tea by the fire becomes appealing, treat yourself to a slice of something that combines two classic comfort foods Custard and Crumble!
And why not take off the chill with a mug of warm Belvoir Honey, Lemon & Ginger Cordial.
This egg-free recipe is really moist and sticky. You can use ready-made applesauce from a jar, or make your own using the autumn windfall apples.
How To Make Ginger And Custard Crumble Cake:
125g unsalted butter or vegetable margarine
125g light brown sugar
90g black treacle
80g maple syrup
50g Belvoir Ginger Cordial
250g self-raising flour
50g plain flour
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
170g apple sauce
3 balls of stem ginger, finely chopped
For The Icing:
125ml double cream
1tbsp icing sugar
100ml fresh custard
2 ginger nut biscuits, roughly crushed
Ginger And Custard Crumble Cake Method:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180oC/Gas 4/Fan 165oC. Lightly oil a 900g/2lb loaf tin and line the base with baking parchment.
2.) Put the butter, sugar, treacle, syrup and cordial in a medium pan and gently heat, stirring until the butter has melted.
3.) Sift the flours, ginger and bicarbonate of soda together into a large bowl. Add the syrup mixture, apple sauce and stem ginger and mix well. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes -1 hour.
4.) Leave to cool in the tin.
5.) Whip the cream and icing sugar together until it is holding its shape then add the custard and whisk until thick. Spread it over the top of the cooled cake and scatter with ginger nuts.
Ginger And Custard Crumble Cake Recipe and images courtesy of Belvoir Fruit Farms.
Fancy trying this Ginger and Custard Crumble Cake recipe?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make some 🙂
Try now or pin for later.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Rudolph’s Cranberry Mocktail: How Amazing!?
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- Green Flowered H&M Dress: Wollaton Hall In Nottingham
- Chantenay Toad In The Hole: Classic Comfort Food
- Roasted Beetroot Soup With Feta Yogurt Dressing- Recipe
- 4 Pumpkin Inspired Dinner Date Recipes To Try Out
- 17 Tasty Pumpkin Recipes For You To Try This October
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
- Welcoming Autumn In With A Lighthouse Pink Raincoat
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas #LinkUp
- 7 Easy Ginger Spiced Recipes To Try Out This Autumn
- Red Boots: Autumn Style #WednesdayLinkUp
- 40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week