Recipe and image courtesy of British Organic Carrots.
Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart. Hello friends.
Fancy making a Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart anyone?
It’s amazing how much flavour there is in the not-so-humble organic carrot!
How To Make A Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 300g British organic carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 500g pack puff pastry
- A little flour, for dusting
- 1 small egg, beaten with 1tbsp water
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4tbsp pesto sauce
- 100g feta cheese
- Rosemary or thyme sprigs, to garnish
Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan oven 200°C, Gas Mark 7.
2. Put the organic carrots and onions into a roasting tin and add the olive oil, tossing to coat. Add the herb sprigs and roast for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
3. Meanwhile, roll out the pastry into a rectangle measuring approximately 35x25cm. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a border about 3cm from the edges of the pastry, without cutting right through. Brush this border with the beaten egg mixture.
4. Allow the organic carrots and onions to cool, removing the herb sprigs. Stir in the balsamic vinegar with a little salt and pepper and toss together. While the carrots are cooling, bake the pastry for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
5. Gently press down the pastry within the border. Spread the pesto sauce over this area, then arrange the roasted organic carrots and onion on top. Crumble over the feta cheese and bake for a further 5 minutes.
Serve, garnished with rosemary or thyme sprigs.
Cook’s tip: Use regular onions if you don’t have red ones.
What do you think of this Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart recipe?
Do you fancy trying it?
Recipe and image courtesy of British Organic Carrots
The British Organic Carrot season runs from October to May.
Why not join us for this week’s Creative Mondays and share your recipes with us?
- Chilean Wisdom And Blue Rose Cocktails
- ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake, What is Not Too Love?
- Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion
- Yummiest Food: The Wednesday Blog Hop
- Witches’ Hats And Broomsticks
- WIitche’s Ribs With Vampire Toast
- White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day
- White Chocolate Cookies Studded With Cranberries
- What To Make On Chocolate Covered Anything
- Welsh Lamb Nachos
Join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below.