Gluten Free Lemon & Poppy Seed Drizzle Cake.
Gluten Free Lemon & Poppy Seed Drizzle Cake anyone?
Gluten Free Lemon & Poppy Seed Drizzle Cake (Dairy + Gluten Free).
“If I knew you were coming I’d have baked a cake.”
Serves: 1 cake
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 35-40 mins
How To Make A Gluten Free Lemon & Poppy Seed Drizzle Cake:
What You Need:
For The Cake:
1x 400g Delicious Alchemy Vanilla Sponge Mix
180g of soft unsalted butter or dairy free alternative
3 large eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp/5g poppy seeds
For The Lemon Drizzle Syrup:
Juice of 1 lemon (55-60ml)
50g caster sugar
What You Do:
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Grease and line the base of a 20cm (8 inch) deep round cake tin with greaseproof paper.
Put the cake mix, soft butter (or dairy free alternative), eggs, lemon zest and poppy seeds into a bowl. Beat together with an electric whisk for 15 secs. Stop, scrape down the bowl and mix for a further 10 secs.
Spread the mixture into the tin and smooth into an even layer. Bake for 35-40 mins until lightly golden brown and springy to the touch. While it bakes, make the lemon syrup.
To make the lemon syrup, stir the lemon juice and sugar together in a small bowl. Set aside while the cake bakes, by which time the sugar should have dissolved.
Once baked, leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 mins before pricking the top of the cake all over with a skewer. Gradually spoon the lemon syrup evenly over the surface of the cake. Leave to cool completely before running a knife around the edge of the cake and removing from the tin.
Recipe c/o Delicious Alchemy. No payment was received.
What do you think of this Gluten Free Lemon & Poppy Seed Drizzle Cake recipe?
Fancy making some?
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week