Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup. Hello friends, so how are you today?
Spring is just around the corner and today I am sharing Lisa Faulkner’s Gluten Free Semolina and Raspberry Layer Cake with Raspberry and Lemon Syrup recipe with you.
A perfect Mothers Day, Spring or Easter cake by Lisa Faulkner for Belvoir Fruit Farms.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup Ingredients.
- Secondly, Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Make A Gluten Free Semolina and Raspberry Layer Cake with Raspberry and Lemon Syrup:
For The Cake:
- 300ml sunflower oil
- 180g maple syrup
- 6 medium eggs
- 250g fine semolina
- 2 tsp baking powder
- zest of 2 lemons
- 60ml Belvoir Raspberry & Lemon Cordial
- 300ml double cream
- 250g raspberries
- edible flowers to decorate
For The Drizzle Icing:
- 75g icing sugar
- 2tbsp Belvoir Raspberry & Lemon Cordial
- a squeeze of lemon juice
Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160c/Gas Mark 4. Grease and base line 3 x 18cm loose bottomed sandwich tins.
- Either with an electric hand whisk or in a stand mixer, whisk together the sunflower oil, maple syrup and eggs until they are light and fluffy (this takes about 5 mins). Stir in the other ingredients and divide between the cake tins. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Warm the cordial in a pan. When the cakes come out of the oven, prick them all over with a skewer and spoon the syrup over and let it absorb. Let the cakes cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough of the cordial until you have a thick drizzle icing. Set aside.
- Lightly whip the cream until it is just holding its shape.
- Put one of the cakes on a cake plate, spoon over ½ the cream and scatter with raspberries, top with a second sponge and spread the remaining cream over the top and scatter with raspberries. Top with the final sponge.
- Drizzle the icing all over the top sponge and decorate with edible flowers and a few more raspberries.
Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup Recipe and images courtesy of Belvoir Fruit Farms. So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy trying this recipe?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make one.
You Might Also Like These Recipes By Lisa Faulkner:
- Firstly, How To Make Lisa Faulkner‘s Bakewell Mug Cakes. From late May, the gentle hum of bees can be heard in the English hedgerows as they burst into flower with the frothy, lace-like blossoms of the elderflower offering a beautifully fragrant, pollen laden sanctuary for the humble bumble! How To Make Elderflower Bakewell Mug Cakes.
- Secondly, How To Make Madeleine Hot Air Balloons. Madeleine Hot Air Balloons, how sweet!? To celebrate the launch this summer of their very own hot air balloon, Belvoir asked Lisa Faulkner to make these rather fetching balloons influenced Madeleines. Delicious with a silky-smooth flavour, the pleasure is intensified by a glass of fragrant Belvoir Elderflower & Rose Cordial. How To Make Madeleine Hot Air Balloons.
- Thirdly, Elderflower, Lemon And Poppy Seed Layered Cake. This cake is so pretty it could be used for those most bona fide reasons to celebrate – a birthday or even a wedding. To make the celebration complete, try adding a dash of Belvoir Elderflower Cordial to a glass of fizz or just enjoy a refreshing glass of lightly sparkling Belvoir Elderflower Pressé. Serves about 40. Elderflower, Lemon & Poppy Seed Layered Cake.
Lisa Faulkner’s Chilean Blueberry Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday:
- Fourthly, Lisa Faulkner’s Chilean Blueberry Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday. Celebrate Pancake Day on Tuesday 21 February with Lisa Faulkner’s recipe for homemade pancakes with a healthy twist. “We forget how easy it is to make pancakes from ingredients we all have the cupboard. Lisa Faulkner’s Chilean Blueberry Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday. So yummy.
- Fifth, Lisa Faulkner’s Bran And Blueberry Muffins. Fancy trying some of Lisa Faulkner’s Bran And Blueberry Muffins? Lisa Faulkner’s Bran And Blueberry Muffins. So good.
- Last But Not Least, Cooking With Belvoir And Lisa Faulkner. Last week my daughter and I got invited down to London to do some baking with Belvoir and Lisa Faulkner. Cooking With Belvoir And Lisa Faulkner.
Thank you so much for stopping by.