Recipe development by Moyra Fraser. Image copyright, Bonne Maman UK.
Go Bananas for Bonne Maman Pancakes.
With Shrove Tuesday just around the corner, Bonne Maman has created a flipping fantastic banana pancake recipe.
Light, fluffy and wonderfully moist – top golden pancakes with a delicious toffee apple sauce, made with Bonne Maman Caramel Spread and a dash of apple juice, for a truly sensational stack.
Go Bananas for Bonne Maman Pancakes:
Makes 6-8 large pancakes
- 45g Bonne Maman Caramel
- 75ml clear apple juice
- 75g plain flour
- Pinch ground cinnamon, optional
- Large pinch salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 4 medium bananas, (2 very ripe)
- 25g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
- 150ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract, optional
1.) First, make the Toffee Apple Sauce. Put the caramel in a small saucepan with the apple juice and stir together over a low heat for 2-3 mins, until smooth. Set aside.
2.) In a large bowl, stir together the next 5 dry ingredients.
3.) In a small bowl, mash the 2 very ripe bananas with the butter, buttermilk and vanilla until well blended. Fold into the flour mixture.
4.) Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and wipe out the pan with a little extra butter or oil.
5.) Drop a large spoonful of pancake batter into the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Wait until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and bubbles begin to appear on the top then flip the pancake over with a fish slice or spatula. Cook for further 2-3 minutes. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining batter.
6.) Serve the pancakes with the remaining sliced bananas and the warm Toffee Apple Sauce.
– The Toffee Apple Sauce is delicious served over vanilla ice cream or serve in a small pot with a plate of bite-sized, fresh fruit chunks at children’s parties as a dip.
– To get even – sized pancakes, grease a large round metal biscuit cutter and spoon the batter into the ring. Pull the ring off when the pancake begins to cook. Alternatively, use a spring release ice-cream scoop to drop even amounts of mixture into the pan.
Go Bananas for Bonne Maman Pancakes. Recipe development by Moyra Fraser. Image copyright, Bonne Maman UK.
Bonne Maman Caramel can be found in the ‘spreads’ section, next to jams and marmalades at most good retailers.
For more yummy pancake recipes click here: All things Pancakes.