Gooseberry And Almond Crumble, how tasty!?
Making the most of the gooseberry season, this delicious crumble is the perfect summer pudding to share with friends and family.
It can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until needed, ready for a quick cook in the oven when guests arrive.
Gooseberry And Almond Crumble:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
How To Make Gooseberry And Almond Crumble:
For The Base:
- 1kg gooseberries
- 200g light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grated zest of two oranges
- Juice of two lemons
For The Almond Crumble Topping:
- 280g plain flour
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 125g light brown sugar
- 85g ground almonds
- 125 cold diced butter
- 40g oats
- 40g flaked almonds
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp rose petals
- Sprig of mint
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 160°c.
- Make the gooseberry base by placing the gooseberries, sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and lemon juice into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir and when the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is thick, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Make the crumble topping by mixing the flour, nutmeg, sugar and ground almonds together. Rub in the cold butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, and then add the oats and flaked almonds and mix together. Pour the mixture onto a lined baking tray and bake the crumble in the oven for 15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Pour the gooseberry mixture into six individual pudding dishes, or one large ovenproof dish and top with the crumble. These can be stored in the fridge for cooking later.
- Turn the oven up to 180°c and cook the crumble in the oven for a further 10 minutes, until the topping has browned and the fruit is bubbling. Serve with double cream, rose petals and a sprig of mint.
Guest post credits:
Bill’s is serving its gooseberry and almond crumble as part of the new summer menu, available at restaurants nationwide: Bills Restaurant.
*No Payment was received for this post*
What do you think of this Gooseberry And Almond Crumble?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts.
BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping.
Gooseberry Meringue Tart .
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: