Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
Greek Lamb Stew With Tomatoes And Olives.
Hello friends. Are you looking for any tasty recipes for Autumn?
Fancy making this Greek Lamb Stew With Tomatoes And Olives recipe?
Did you know it is #LoveLambWeek this week too?
Today I am sharing a nice and warming Autumn recipe with you.
How To Make Greek Lamb Stew With Tomatoes And Olives:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
- 2-2.5kg Waitrose West Country Boneless Lamb Shoulder (from the meat counter; selected stores)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 400ml white wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp essential Waitrose Sliced Black Olives
- 2 essential Waitrose Vermicelli Nests or 125g linguine, broken into small pieces
- 200g feta cheese
- 25g pack fresh mint
Greek Lamb Stew With Tomatoes And Olives Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C, gas mark 2. Cut the meat into 6cm pieces.
2. Heat a large lidded flameproof casserole dish and add a tablespoon of oil. Brown the meat all over in batches, then remove and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to the dish, stir in the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften. Leaving the top intact, split the chilli along its length – this adds flavour to the stew without too much heat. Stir in the chilli, garlic and rosemary, and increase the heat. Pour in the wine and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and reduce the heat.
4. Return the lamb and juices to the dish, stir in the olives and bring to a simmer. Season, then cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the lamb is tender.
5. Remove the chilli and rosemary, and discard. Return the stew to a simmer on the hob. Add the pasta and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender, and the lamb is thoroughly heated. Ladle the stew onto plates and serve scattered with the feta and mint sprigs.
What do you think of this Greek Lamb Stew With Tomatoes And Olives recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
- What’s In Your Fridge? MTV Cribs Style
- The Gallery Photo Challenge: Chilled Out
- Millionaires shortbread: After Running A Race Treats
- Rowntrees New Sweets Review: How Yummy
- July In Photos: Summer 2011: How Was Your July?
- Heinz Squeeze & Stir Soup Review
- Whole Earth Product Review: Natural Healthier
- Silent Sunday: 4th September 2011
- Angel Delight Ice Cream Mix Review
- Tweet And Eat-innocent Veg Pots: For A Limited Time