Greek Yogurt Blueberry Bake.
How about making this Greek Yogurt Blueberry Bake for an afternoon treat?
Perfect with a cup of tea – Earl Grey or otherwise!
How To Make A Greek Yogurt Blueberry Bake:
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour
- 175g butter, softened
- 175g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 100g blueberries
- 2 tbsp Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam
- 150g medium fat soft cheese
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- 100g blueberries
- 4 tbsp Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam (see above link)
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease a 1kg loaf tin measuring 10cm x 20cm with a little butter, then line with baking paper.
2. Put the butter and Caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat well until light and creamy. Crack in the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract, then fold in the flour, baking powder and salt with a large metal spoon. Stir in 150g yogurt and the blueberries and gently fold in the 2 tbsp Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from the tin and peel away the lining paper. Cool completely.
5. For the topping, beat the soft cheese with the Greek yogurt and Icing sugar. Spread onto the cake and sprinkle the blueberries on top. Drizzle with Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam, then serve.
Cook’s tip: Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature to enjoy the flavour at its best.
Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think of this Greek Yogurt Blueberry Bake recipe?
Fancy trying it?