Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing.
Did I scare you!?
Are you looking for something fun to bake this Halloween?
Fancy making some of these Halloween cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing?
These chocolate cupcakes, decorated with pumpkins and spiders’ webs, are ideal for enjoying over Halloween.
How To Make Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes to 25 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes to 55 minutes
150g softened butter or margarine
150g caster sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
3 medium eggs, beaten
150g Waitrose Self-raising Flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g Green & Black’s Organic Cocoa Powder
50g butter or margarine
2 tbsp milk
250g icing sugar sifted
500g pack Super Cook Ready-to-Roll Coloured Icing
75g pack Super Cook Writing Icing
Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place 22 paper cake cases in bun tins. Using an electric hand whisk, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together for 4-5 minutes or until very pale and creamy. Gradually add the beaten egg then sift in the flour with the baking powder and half of the cocoa. Using a metal spoon, fold in carefully. Half fill the paper cases with the mixture.
2. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cakes have risen and the tops spring back when pressed lightly with your finger. Cool on a wire rack.
3. To make the chocolate icing, melt the butter with the remaining cocoa in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water, or microwave on high for 1 minute. Add the milk and 225g of the icing sugar and beat until smooth and glossy. Place a little of the icing on each cake and smooth with a round-bladed knife dipped in hot water.
4. To make the orange icing, blend 15g red and 125g yellow icing with the remaining icing sugar. Roll out, then cut out pumpkin shapes. Add faces with the writing tubes and make green-icing stalks. Place on the top of the cakes.
These cupcakes will keep for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. If you prefer, you could use ready-prepared decorations or make a simple cobweb design using the writing tubes.
The chocolate icing can be made 2-3 days in advance, then warmed in the microwave or in a bowl placed over hot water, to soften again.
Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing Recipe c/o: For more Halloween inspiration, please visit Waitrose/Halloween.
What do you think of these Halloween cupcakes?
Fancy making some?
Try now or pin for later.
You Might Also Like:
How To Make Ghost Cupcakes:
Witches’ Hats And Broomsticks:
How To Make Ghost Cupcakes:
Ultimate Halloween Cake:
How To Make A Gothic Black Velvet Halloween Cake:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- 9 Creepy And Scary Halloween Themed Recipes
- Step By Step Guide To 9 Freaky Halloween Eats
- 7 Monster Inspired Themed Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 4 Spooky Adult Halloween Cocktail Recipes To Try Out
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- Happy Halloween: Wordless Wednesday A Batman
- Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Easy To Make
- How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths: Halloween
- How To Make Halloween Spook-gria: How Spooky?
- How To Make Spiderman Strawberries
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine