Recipe c/o Waitrose.
Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing. Boo!! Did I scare you!? Ha! Hello friends, so how are you today?
Are you looking for something fun to bake this Halloween? Fancy making some of these Halloween cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing? These chocolate cupcakes, decorated with pumpkins and spiders’ webs, are ideal for enjoying over Halloween.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing Ingredients.
- Secondly, Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Make Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes to 25 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes to 55 minutes
- 150g softened butter or margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 150g Waitrose Self-raising Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g Green & Black’s Organic Cocoa Powder
- 50g butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250g icing sugar sifted
- 500g pack Super Cook Ready-to-Roll Coloured Icing
- 75g pack Super Cook Writing Icing
Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place 22 paper cake cases in bun tins. Using an electric hand whisk, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together for 4-5 minutes or until very pale and creamy. Gradually add the beaten egg then sift in the flour with the baking powder and half of the cocoa. Using a metal spoon, fold in carefully. Half fill the paper cases with the mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cakes have risen and the tops spring back when pressed lightly with your finger. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the chocolate icing, melt the butter with the remaining cocoa in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water, or microwave on high for 1 minute. Add the milk and 225g of the icing sugar and beat until smooth and glossy. Place a little of the icing on each cake and smooth with a round-bladed knife dipped in hot water.
- To make the orange icing, blend 15g red and 125g yellow icing with the remaining icing sugar. Roll out, then cut out pumpkin shapes. Add faces with the writing tubes and make green-icing stalks. Place on the top of the cakes.
- These cupcakes will keep for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. If you prefer, you could use ready-prepared decorations or make a simple cobweb design using the writing tubes.
- The chocolate icing can be made 2-3 days in advance, then warmed in the microwave or in a bowl placed over hot water, to soften again.
Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing Recipe c/o: For more Halloween inspiration, please visit Waitrose/Halloween.
So what do you think of these Halloween cupcakes? Do you also fancy making some? Why not try now or pin for later.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, How To Make Ghost Cupcakes. With just over a week until Halloween, today I thought I would share another fun and yummy Halloween recipe with you. How To Make Ghost Cupcakes.
Secondly, Witches’ Hats And Broomsticks. Are you looking for some Halloween inspiration this week? If so, how about making some of these fun treats? The kids would love making these. So much fun! Witches’ Hats And Broomsticks.
Thirdly, Vampire’s End Guacamole. Hello friends, so how are you today? At this time of year, it’s right to claim anything green and full of garlic as a Halloween dish after all what better way is there to ward off Dracula’s advances! How To Make Vampire’s End Guacamole.
40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out:
Fourthly, 40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out. Because Halloween baking can be such fun! Especially if you have little ones around to help you. Easy Halloween food ideas. What is not to like? 40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out.
So what do you think? Do you also fancy trying out any of these recipes? Because I know I do. Thank you so much for stopping by.