Halloween Fiery Jackets Recipe ….
Cooking: 1hr 10mins
Per serving: 335 calories, 9.4 fat, 4.0g saturates, 10.3g sugars, 0.37g salt
Contains a over a third of your RDA of Vitamin C and counts for two of your 5-a-day
You will need:
- 6 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (400g) pack lean lamb mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 10ml/2tsp ground cumin,
- 10ml/2tsp coriander
- 10ml/2tspsmoked paprika
- 1/2-1tsp/2.5-5ml chilli flakes
- 450g/1lb carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 (400g) can tomatoes
- 15ml/1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Sour cream mixed with chopped coriander to serve, if liked
- Preheat the oven to 220C/ Fan 200C/450F/Gas Mark 7.
- Scrub the potatoes clean, then place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 35-40mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, Heat a large pan or wok, add the lamb mince without any extra oil, and sauté over a medium heat for 6-8mins, stirring to break up the mince, until it is nicely browned.
- Add the onion, garlic and pepper and sauté for 2mins.
- Add the spices and carrots, cook for 1 min.
- Then add the tomatoes, puree and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10mins.
- Stir well, then simmer uncovered for a further 5mins or until the juices have thickened slightly.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Split the baked potatoes and spoon a little of the mince mixture into each.
- Serve topped with sour cream mixed with chopped coriander if liked.
Recipe and photo credits by- British Carrots website