Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
Happy Friday. It is nearly the weekend. It has soon come around again. Any fun plans or dinner party? Autumn starts today too, nooo I wanted t to be Summer for a little longer!!
Are you planning some last minute BBQ’S/events or just eating some nicely cooked sausages/burgers or tasty vegetables over the weekend and need a nice BBQ sauce to go on top of them?
Fancy making your own BBQ sauce?
How about trying this Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce?
This delicious home-made barbeque sauce is made with a blast of Chipotle chilli for added smoky flavour. Marinate chicken wings and brush over veggie kebabs before throwing them on the barbeque, or use as a dip for sweet potato wedges.
How To Make Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce:
Serves: 1 jar
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 90ml Meridian date syrup
- 1½ tsp mustard powder
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Meridian yeast extract
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 350ml passata
- 75ml Meridian molasses
- 70g unrefined dark brown sugar
What You Do:
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until soft.
2. Add all the other ingredients and bring to a simmer while stirring. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sugar had dissolved and the sauce has become thick. Use straight away or store in the fridge.
Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
What do you think of this Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce?
Fancy making some to go with your dinner this weekend?
Now I am off to plan some fun for the children over the weekend.
I am thinking of going to watch some great runners in Nottingham on Sunday as it is the Robin Hood Half and full marathon.
It does not seem two minutes ago since I was planning training up for this event. I don’t know how I managed to forget all about it!!
You Might Have Missed:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 5 More Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out #CreativeMondays
- Venison Burger with Blue Cheese And Crispy Shallots
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion
- FRO-YO Strawberry Bark: Summer Party Treats
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos