Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar Gift Idea. With Mother’s Day fast approaching, I thought I would share a simple homemade gift idea with you. A few days ago my Daughter and I, enjoyed doing a spot of baking. This is what we made.
Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar Gift Idea:
Some fun and personalised Mother’s Day Cookies. Each one had their own unique pattern. All made with love. You know me anything with a spoonful of sugar!
When they were set, we placed them into a fun glass jar. An airtight lid kept them fresh, then a cute little ribbon tied on top. Perfect.
My Daughter came up with the best designs. The more creative the better. Very easy to make, something the children will love to help with.
A unique present for all the special Mums. Cookies are always popular, more so with some delicious toppings.
Adding Lots Of Sprinkles:
Last week Dr. Oetker sent me a variety of biscuits and cake toppings to try out. I was already planning to make a cookie jar, as a Mother’s Day Gift, so this was perfect timing.
My Daughter loved all the different variety of sprinkles and could not wait to use them.
Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar Gift Idea:
Homemade Mother’s Day Cookies:
Makes around 24
What You Need:
For The Shortbread Cookies:
125 g Margarine
55 g Caster Sugar
180 g Plain Flour
30 ml Milk
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
For The Shortbread Toppings:
Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Icing Coloured
Dr. Oetker Fairy Princess, Dr. Oetker Chocolatey Mix, Dr. Oetker Bright and Bold Mix
Dr. Oetker writing icing
Dr. Oetker wafer daisies
Some icing sugar mixed with a few drops of water to glue the ready made icing sprinkles and daisies to the cookies
You Will Also Need:
2 x rectangle baking trays
Medium cookie cutters. I used a circle, flower and stars.
Tiny flower cutters
Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar Method:
Preheat the oven to 190°C (170˚C fan assisted or gas mark 5). Grease and line two biscuit baking trays with greaseproof paper.
Pop all of the shortbread cookie mixtures into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until all combined. Roll the mixture altogether, pop in a bowl and chill for 15 minutes. Once the dough has chilled, roll out onto a floured surface to approx. ½ cm thick. Cut out around 24 different shapes. Place them all onto trays leaving a little space between them.
Place trays in the preheated oven and cook for around 10-14 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Ready To Ice:
Lay all cookies on some greaseproof paper. Mix some icing sugar with a drop or 2 of water to make some icing glue. Roll out ready made icing and cut out different size shape and flowers. Glue the coloured icing with the icing sugar/water mix you made. Pop some icing sugar on some cookies and add different colour sprinkles. For the stems on the flowers use writing icing to get a nice small line and add sprinkles one at a time. Leave until completely set.
After a few hours once they are solid and all set, stack cookies into a jar. Finish off with a wraparound bow.
Now my cookies are all finished I am going to upload my photos to the We Bake Community Challenges website for a chance to win some prizes.
I’m taking part in the Mother’s Day Bake Brighter Days community challenge. As you can see from my recipe, you and your little ones can get as creative as you like too.
We Bake is giving away a £50 Red Letter Days Voucher every day during this challenge, so you’ve got lots of chances to win if you enter!
Have you heard of We Bake?
We Bake is a community that rewards you for baking. They launched in November 2016 and are lovingly supported by Dr. Oetker. We Bake is the first baking social media platform. A platform that celebrates baking but also coaches and motivates bakers to do more of what they love.
Imagine a mix of Facebook and Instagram, but with 100% baking content! What I like about the community is that bakers of any level can set up a profile, connect with others and share their creations.
Not only that, the community offers lots of advice and fun inspiration as well as some great prizes from community challenges.
Visiting The Website:
I was searching through their website a few days ago for some baking ideas and I saw the most amazing birthday cake. With Mac makeup on top. It looked almost too good to eat.
Talking about birthday cakes, another inspirational bake had a tractor on top! Instead of tipping out soil, it was tipping lots of flaky chocolate. It looked stunning. I bet the twins whose birthday it was for, were over the moon.
Do not even start me on the Giant Ferrero Rocher Cupcake or the Strawberry and Champagne Macaroons cake. Wow, amazing. Check them out yourself, you will see what I mean…
Join In The Fun:
If you would like to find some inspiration for your next cake or even join in the fun. Then head on over to the We Bake website and set up a profile. It only takes a few minutes, I signed in using my Facebook account. Easy Peasy. Let me know what inspires you! Most of all Get Baking!!! Have some FUN. Here is my account f you would like to follow me: Claire. Justine.O.
Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar Gift Idea. What do you think of my Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar? We all loved them. You have to be quick around here to get one!! Hopefully, my children may make me some more for next week. Hint Hint.
Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar. This post is commissioned by We Bake but all thoughts are my own.
For more cookie ideas, click here: Cookies.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day
- 2 Mothering Sunday Breakfast Ideas To Try Out
- Coffee And Hazelnut Eton Mess: Mother’s Day Recipe
- Homemade Mother’s Day Spring Mocha Fudge Cake
- Gin, Watercress And Pink Grapefruit Cocktail
- Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate, Orange & Watercress Brownies
- Watercress And Cheese Scones (How To Make)…
- Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels
- Perfect Egg Mayonnaise And Watercress Sandwiches
- Homemade Mother’s Day Treat Ideas To Spoil Mum
- How To Make I Heart Rose Wine Infused Meringue
- How To Make I Heart Merlot Wine Infused Meringue
- Homemade Mother’s Day Cookie Jar Gift Idea
- Book Folding Art: Creative Mother’s Day Gifts
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine