Recipe courtesy of Doves Farm.
Hot Cross Buns Hot Cross Buns One A Penny Two A Penny. Happy Saturday. So do you fancy making your own this Easter? Because they smell amazing when you are baking them!
How To Make Hot Cross Buns:
Cooking time 18-20 minutes
Equipment Large baking tray, parchment, small paintbrush, saucepan.
Hot Cross Buns Hot Cross Buns One A Penny Two A Penny Hot Cross Buns
300g Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
1 tbsp caster sugar
¾ tsp salt
1 tsp mixed spice
25g butter, melted
50g mixed peel, chopped
50g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
3 tbsp water
3 tbsp apricot jam
How To Make:
1.) Firstly, put the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and mixed spice into a bowl and mix together.
2.) Melt the butter then add the milk and egg and beat together. Stir this into the flour and mix into a sticky dough.
3.) Knead the dough in the bowl for 100 presses, if possible without adding flour. The dough will be sticky at first then become smooth and pliable.
4.) Cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to double in size (about 2 hours).
5.) Line a large baking tray with parchment.
6.) Add the currants and mixed peel to the dough and knead until they are well combined.
7.) Divide the dough into 10 pieces, roll each into a ball and place it on a parchment lined oven tray.
1.) Put the plain flour into a bowl and add just enough water to make a very thick paste.
2.) Using a paintbrush, dip it into the paste and paint a cross on each bun.
3.) Leave the buns to rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
4.) Re-paint the paste cross and leave the buns to rise for a further 15 minutes.
5.) Pre-heat the oven.
6.) Bake for 18-20 minutes.
7.) Last but not least, gently heat the apricot jam, mashing any lumps, and brush it over the buns as they come out of the oven.
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
Hot Cross Buns, Hot Cross Buns, One A Penny, Two A Penny:
so what do you think? Do you also fancy making some? Because I do!
Recipe also courtesy of Doves Farm.
The Doves Farm brand features 20 different flours, including flours made from ancient grains such as Einkorn, Emmer and KAMUT® Khorasan as well as plain white, plain wholemeal and pasta flour.
The range is certified by The Soil Association and also includes organic biscuits, incorporating 44 products in total.
So you can find them here too: Facebook – @dovesfarmfoods, Twitter – @dovesfarm
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, a show stopping pavlova!? So yummy. BerryWorld Mixed Berry Pavlova For Easter.
Secondly, fun for breakfast. Just for the kids!? No way!! So much fun; Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge.
Last but not least, Hot Cross Bun Recipes For Hot Cross Bun Day. So tasty.
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Some Dreamy Photos From Margate And A Few Outfits
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.