How To Make A Chorizo And Shallot Galette.
Chorizo and Shallot Galette – Treat your Dad to this quick and easy galette with shallots and chorizo. Father’s Day (Sunday, 17 June).
How To Make A Chorizo and Shallot Galette:
This quick and easy galette with shallots and chorizo serves as an impressive starter for six or as a light lunch.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 100g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 8 shallots, quartered
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 roast peppers, sliced, from a jar is fine
- 125g mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Basil leaves to serve
What To Do:
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7.
- Cook the chorizo in a frying pan until crisp on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Reduce the heat and cook the shallots gently while you put together the rest of the tart. Don’t over brown the chorizo and shallots as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Unroll the pastry and gently pull out the long sides and trim off the corners so it becomes more circular. Lay it on a non-stick baking tray.
- Leaving a 3cm border of pastry clear, fork lots of small holes in the centre area of the pastry then scatter with the chorizo, pepper, chunks of mozzarella and finally the shallots. Carefully fold the edges of the pastry up to slightly overlap the edges of the filling. Brush the crust with egg wash and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is crisp and puffed up and the filling is dry and browned.
- When ready to serve scatter with basil leaves.
Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot.
Father’s Day (Sunday, 17 June).
What do you think of this Chorizo And Shallot Galette recipe?
You might also like:
- 17 Pizza Recipes For Beer And Pizza Day
- 5 Tasty Pizza Recipes To Try Out On Pizza Day
- Watercress, Blue Cheese And Butternut Squash
- Happy National Pizza Day: Welcome To The Weekend
- Chicago Town launch ‘The Pizza Kitchen’ Pizzas: Review
- How To Make Vampire’s Pumpkin Muffins
- 4 Quick And Easy Prosciutto di Parma Ham Naan Bread Pizzas
- A Recipe for British Tomato Week: Can Help
- Lisa Roukin’s Grain Free Plantain Pizza
- How To Make Shallot, Cherry Tomato And Mascarpone Pizza