How To Make Banoffee Pie.
I am really fed up of the rain now, can the sunshine please return!?
Today I have a yummy cake recipe to share with you. Anything cake wise with caramel in it, is amongst my favourites. How about you? Do you love caramel filling too?
I have this yummy Banoffee Pie recipe to share with you.
A tasty biscuit base, caramel filling, sliced bananas and then a yoghurt topping sprinkled with cocoa.
Pure decadence, the LoSalt way! Reduce the salt and enjoy this indulgent treat when that sweet tooth hits!
How To Make:
Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling
Cook: 5 minutes
175g Rich Tea Light biscuits
200g unsalted butter
100g dark brown soft sugar
397g can condensed milk
½ tsp LoSalt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
250g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
1 tsp cocoa
How To Make:
1.) Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
2.) Crush the biscuits in a food processor to give fine crumbs.
3.) Melt 100g butter and mix in the crumbs. Press into the base and sides of a 4cm deep, 20cm round loose bottomed tin and bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
4.) Melt the remaining butter and sugar in a medium saucepan and gently cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the condensed milk and bring to the boil, stirring and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time to give a thick golden caramel. Stir in the LoSalt and pour into the tin. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5.) Spread the bananas on top of the caramel and top with the yoghurt, remove from the tin. Sprinkle with cocoa and serve.
Recipe and image c/o LoSalt
What do you think?
Fancy making one of these banoffee pies?
As always let me know your thoughts in the comments below 🙂
You might also like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
- 4 Brownies Recipes To Try Out On Brownie Day
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups
- Blueberry Muffins: The Best Muffins I Have Ever Made
- Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake (How To)
- 11 Easter Cakes You Will Want To Bake For Yourself
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cup Cake Recipes To Try Out
- Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears
- Homemade Mother’s Day Spring Mocha Fudge Cake
- How To Make A Banana Split Cake: A Showstopping Cake
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet