Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
How To Make Some Mini Fruit Tarts. Great for afternoon tea. Happy Saturday. So are you looking for some sweet little cakes to make for your Summer BBQ, parties or a special event?
These gorgeous little puff pastry tarts can be made with any berries and are just right for a garden party or barbeque. Also great for afternoon tea.
How To Make Some Mini Fruit Tarts:
Discover the sweet art of crafting irresistible mini fruit tarts with this step-by-step guide. Learn to create delightful bite-sized treats bursting with fresh, vibrant flavours. Perfect for any occasion!
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Mini Fruit Tarts Ingredients.
- Secondly, Mini Fruit Tarts Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 1-hour cooling time | Cooking time: 25 minutes
What You Need:
For The Creme Patissiere:
- 200ml milk
- ½ vanilla pod
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 14g corn flour
For The Pastry Cases:
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 1tbsp milk
- 2tsp sugar
- Berries of your choice to decorate
How To Make Some Mini Fruit Tarts:
What To Do:
- Start with the creme patissiere filling, put the milk and seeds scraped from the vanilla pod into a heavy based saucepan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl or large jug whisk together the sugar, egg yolks and cornflour to a smooth paste.
- When the milk is boiling, pour into the egg mixture whilst whisking. Continue to whisk as you return it all to the pan. Keep whisking on a low/medium heat until it returns to the boil and thickens. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour the creme patissiere into a bowl and press a sheet of cling film down onto the surface, to prevent a skin from forming, and cool in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 210C/190C fan. Lay the pastry flat on the work surface, still on its baking paper and roll to the thickness of a pound coin. Use a 7.5cm pastry cutter to cut pastry disks then use a smaller cutter and gently press to score a smaller circle inside. Take care not to cut all the way through.
- Put each disk into a 12-hole bun tin then paint on a little milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffed up. Leave to cool then gently press down the centre of each tart to leave a puffed rim around the edge.
- When everything is cool, spoon or pipe the creme patissiere into the pastry cases and top with your choice of berries.
A Berry Note:
Note: If using less sweet berries such as blackcurrants or gooseberries you can choose to make them into a quick compote. Heat the berries in a pan with a few spoons of sugar and a dash of water. Taste and add more sugar to suit your taste and tartness of the berries.
How To Make Some Mini Fruit Tarts. So what do you think of these Mini Fruit Tarts? Do you also fancy making some? Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld.
You Might Also Like:
7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out:
Firstly, 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out. Looking for delicious and easy-to-make homemade marmalade recipes? Look no further! My collection of 7 homemade marmalade recipes will satisfy your cravings for sweet and tangy citrus flavours. From classic orange marmalade to unique combinations like Whisky sour marmalade, these recipes are sure to impress. Discover the joy of homemade marmalade today! So good. 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out.
Secondly, BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping. Step up your baking game with these irresistible Red Gooseberry Muffins topped with fluffy marshmallows. Dive into a unique blend of tartness and sweetness that’s sure to tantalise your taste buds. BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping.
BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts:
Thirdly, BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts. This twist on a classic recipe makes a delightful seasonal change. What is not to like about these mini Bakwell tarts? Also sweet too. Great for afternoon tea or a garden party. but could you one eat one? BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts.
Fourthly, Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake. This delightful combination of delicate elderflower and zesty lemon will transport your taste buds to a world of sweetness and sunshine. Learn how to bake this heavenly cake today and step up your tea-time experience! Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake.