How To Make Celery Sausage Rolls With A Beer Dip. Celery Sausage Rolls With A Beer Dip anyone? Happy Weekend friends. Anything fun planned?
Celery Sausage Rolls- Who doesn’t love a sausage roll, and they are especially welcome in a lunchbox. These mini versions are perfectly portable and suitable for freezing, perfect for batch cooking at the weekend for lunches all week.
How To Make Celery Sausage Rolls With A Beer Dip:
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
- 450g high meat content sausage meat
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 sticks celery, trimmed and finely diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 350g ready-made puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten with 1 tbsp milk (to seal)
- 1 free-range egg, beaten (to glaze)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For The Beer Dip:
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato chutney
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 150ml dark beer
What To Do:
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/450F/Gas 7. Grease and line two large baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the sausage meat, onion, celery and sage together and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll the pastry out on a well-floured board into a large rectangle. Cut into three strips, lengthways.
- With floured hands, take a third of the sausage meat mixture and make a long sausage shape, then lay it on one-half of one of the strips of pastry. Moisten the edges with a little egg and milk mixture then fold the other half of the length of pastry over and seal along the edges.
- Using a sharp knife, cut about 8 sausage rolls out of one strip, then snip the tops to allow the steam to escape. Repeat with the remaining two pastry strips.
- Place them all on the baking sheets, brush with beaten egg and bake on two shelves, swapping them over halfway through for 15 to 20 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown.
- Remove the sausage rolls from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving warm, or cold.
- Meanwhile, make the dip by adding all the ingredients to a saucepan and heating gently until warm. Pour the dip into a bowl and serve with the warm sausage rolls.
- Can be frozen before baking.
How To Make Celery Sausage Rolls With A Beer Dip.
What do you think of this Celery Sausage Rolls With A Beer Dip recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Recipe courtesy of Love Celery.
You Might Also Like:
- Cheese And Marmite Straws Anyone? How Tasty!!
- Viva Strawberry And Cinnamon Toasties Love
- Red Berry Meringue Roulade: Special Occasions
- Strawberryade: Great For Children’s Parties
- The Birthday Girl
- Lemon Tea : Day 24 #runstreak
- Peachy Keens And My youngest Boy Turns 10
- Mini Raspberry And Chocolate Nests
- 10 Children Party Food Recipe Ideas: Birthday
- 10 Christmas Party Treat Ideas To Try Out This Year