Recipe and image courtesy of The Groovy Food Company.
How To Make Crispy BBQ Chicken With Avocado Salsa. Hello friends, so how are you today? The weather was beautiful yesterday, it felt like Summer!
So today I have a lovely Summery recipe to share with you: Lisa Roukin Crispy BBQ Chicken With Avocado Salsa. How tasty!!
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Crispy BBQ Chicken With Avocado Salsa Ingredients.
- Secondly, How To Make Crispy BBQ Chicken With Avocado Salsa.
- Thirdly, More Recipe Ideas.
How To Make Crispy BBQ Chicken With Avocado Salsa:
(Summertime means al fresco dining and this sun-kissed dish is a winner for all BBQs and garden parties this season!)
Preparation time – 30 mins, cooking time – 20 mins
- 500g Chicken Breast, Cut into 3 Inch Strips
- 60g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- Harissa, (Generous Helping)
- ½ tsp Garlic Granules (too taste)
- ¼ tsp. Chilli Flakes
- Black Pepper
- 1 shallot, Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 6 tbsp. Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp. Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 4 tbsp. Water
- 3 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Light Amber & Mild Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp. Tamari Sauce, Gluten Free
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 3 Avocadoes, Roughly Mashed
- 2 Salad Tomatoes, Deseeded and Chopped
- 1 Handful Coriander, Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Light Amber & Mild Agave Nectar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ¼ tsp. Chili Flakes
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 400°F, gas mark 6, 200°C (180°C fan-assisted).
- Pre-line baking tray with parchment paper or baking paper.
Crispy BBQ Chicken With Avocado Salsa Method:
Secondly, To Make The Salsa–
- Roughly mash the avocado with the juice of 1 lime, add the tomato, Agave Nectar, chilli flakes, sea salt, black pepper and mix together. Check for seasoning then add your chopped coriander and lightly combine.
Thirdly, To Make The Chicken–
- Combine the coconut flour with the harissa, garlic granules, chilli flakes and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into the seasoned coconut flour and place on the pre-lined baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 14 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Whilst the chicken strips are in the oven, make the BBQ sauce.
Fourthly, To Make the BBQ Sauce–
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan with the shallot and sauté over a medium/high heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves to the shallot, with sea salt, black pepper and tomato puree and mix it in together.
- Add the vinegar, Dijon mustard and water and continue stirring.
- Add the agave nectar and tamari sauce and stir for 2-3 minutes, then take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and dip each piece into the cooled BBQ sauce. You can leave it to marinate until you need it, or put it on the BBQ straight away, cooking for 3 minutes on each side, to your liking.
- Serve your chicken on a platter with a bowl of your avocado salsa on the side.
How To Make Crispy Bbq Chicken With Avocado Salsa. Recipe and image courtesy of The Groovy Food Company.
So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? Because I know I do.
You Might Also Like These Recipes By Lisa Roukin:
- Firstly, How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Bircher Autumnal Muesli. Usually enjoyed at breakfast, this dish also makes a scrumptious dessert! Lisa Roukin’s Bircher Autumnal Muesli. So good.
- Secondly, Lisa Roukin’s Moroccan Granola. This homemade granola allows you to control the amount of sugar on your morning cereal. The freshly roasted nuts add flavour to a higher level, too! How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Moroccan Granola.
- Thirdly, How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Dried Fig, Pecan & Dark Chocolate Oat Bars. Slightly decadent, but less so than store-bought brands, these bars are good for breakfast or as a lunch box treat. Lisa Roukin’s Dried Fig, Pecan And Dark Chocolate Oat Bars. So yummy.
Lisa Roukin’s Oven Baked Corn Flake Chicken Breast with Salsa:
- Fourthly, How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Oven Baked Corn Flake Chicken Breast With Salsa. Gluten-free corn flakes make a wonderful substitute for breadcrumbs, and since it is oven-baked rather than fried, you save on calories, too. Lisa Roukin’s Oven Baked Corn Flake Chicken Breast With Salsa.
- Fifthly, Lisa Roukin’s Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake. A silky mousse cake with a crunchy base and the wonderful flavours of chocolate and coconut. How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake. So yummy.
- Sixth, How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Grain Free Plantain Pizza. Do you also fancy making a Lisa Roukin’s Grain Free Plantain Pizza? (Delicious grain free plantain pizza with a hint of coconut). So tasty! How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Grain Free Plantain Pizza. So tasty.
Thank you so much for stopping by.