Recipe and image courtesy of Opies.
How To Make A Ginger and Lime Drizzle Cake. Hello friends, so how are you today? Do you fancy making this Ginger and Lime Drizzle Cake? So yummy.
This is a rich and spicy drizzle cake with the zing of fresh lime and studded with stem ginger.
How To Make A Ginger And Lime Drizzle Cake:
250g Softened Butter
100g Dark Muscovado Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
4 medium eggs
250g S R Flour
150g Crystallised Stem Ginger
150g Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup – blitzed in a food processor to make a puree. (This will equate to about half the jar of syrup and stem ginger pieces. – You don’t have to be exact at all in your measurements here, but make sure you use both the chunks of ginger and the syrup to get a good consistency of puree.
For The Drizzle Icing:
400g Icing Sugar
Juice of 3 Limes
Zest of 3 limes
50g Crystallised Stem Ginger roughly chopped
You will need one 15cm/6inch cake tin, greased and lined on the bottom and sides with baking paper.
How To Make A Ginger and Lime Drizzle Cake:
Set the oven to 150C oven, 140C fan
1. In a large bowl, place the softened butter and sugar, the eggs and flour and beat together until light and fluffy.
2. Gently fold in the flour and then Crystallised stem ginger and then the Ginger Spread.
3. Scoop the mix into the prepared tin, smooth the surface and place on the newspaper in the preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes
4. Whilst the cake is baking, you can make the drizzle icing. Mix 400g icing sugar with the juice of 3 limes and pour half of this mix into a small saucepan and gently heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set to one side.
5. Remove from oven and leave in the tin. Whilst still warm, poke small holes all over the top of the cake with a cocktail stick and pour over the still-warm ‘heated’ half of the icing sugar and lime mix. It should seep into the holes you have made and moisten the cake further.
6. Allow to cool completely
7. Once cool, pour over the rest of the icing which you can allow to drizzle down the sides to make a beautiful rustic looking cake. Top with chopped Crystallised Stem Ginger pieces and scatter with lime zest.
How To Make A Ginger and Lime Drizzle Cake. Recipe and image courtesy of Opies.
So what do you think of this recipe? Do you also fancy making this drizzle cake?
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, How To Make Home-made Cherry And Almond Cake. So tasty.
Secondly, How To Make Ginger Ice Cream. So yummy.