Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes To Share With Friends. Hello friends. Did you watch The Great British Bake Off last week? It was all about spices and has left me wanting to eat ginger cakes topped with cream all week!
Talking of spices, gingerbread cupcakes anyone?
How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes To Share With Friends:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
75g butter softened
100g golden caster sugar
100ml black treacle (about 160g)
1 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg and 1 large egg yolk
180g plain flour
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground nutmeg
100ml hot semi-skimmed milk
1 tsp baking powder
For The Icing:
100g butter, softened
200g full fat soft cheese
1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
400g golden icing sugar, sieved
2 tbsp semi skimmed milk
8 mini gingerbread men
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Prepare a 12-hole muffin tray and line with 8 Waitrose Cooks’ Homebaking Tulip Wrap muffin cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the treacle, followed by the egg and egg yolk, and beat the mixture until well combined.
3. Sift the flour with the spices, add to the mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Mix the hot milk with the baking powder, add to the mixture and beat until combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases and place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until the cupcakes are springy to touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before icing.
5. For the icing: beat together the butter, soft cheese, cinnamon and icing sugar. Add the milk and beat until light and fluffy. Spoon this icing into a Waitrose Cooks’ Homebaking Piping Bag, cut off the end so you have a wide nozzle and use to pipe the cooled cakes. Top with a gingerbread man and serve with a dusting of cinnamon.
How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes To Share:
So what do you think of these Gingerbread Cupcakes?
Do you also fancy making some? So yummy!!
You Might Also Like:
Bloodsucking Pumpkin Cupcakes: Firstly, how fun are these bloodsucking pumpkin cupcakes? Eek!! Dare to try one? Great for any kind of Halloween party you might be planning and also perfect for afternoon tea with friends.
Maybe a talking point for a coffee morning too? Bloodsucking Pumpkin Cupcakes. Of course, they do look yummy too!!
How To Make Halloween Monster Cupcakes:
Secondly and oh wow! These are to adorable to be scary, don’t you think? Beyond scary Maybe?
How about making some of these too adorable to be scary cupcakes? They will brighten up any Halloween table this year. Especially great to make with the kids. How To Make Halloween Monster Cupcakes.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
I also hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.