How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween. Hello friends, so are you looking for a Halloween recipe ideas today? How about making some Green Thing Cupcakes?
So scary but so tasty at the same time! Be careful though, one might not be enough!! Is that someone keeping an eye on you? Because I spy an eye in the middle, eek!!
Step up your Halloween baking game with this step-by-step guide on how to make Green Thing Cupcakes.
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween:
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween. Unleash your inner monster creator and whip up these spooky yet delicious treats that are sure to enchant your taste buds and haunt your dessert dreams.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween Ingredients.
- Secondly, How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Get ready for a wickedly fun culinary adventure this Halloween!
Preparation time: 30 minutes + cooling
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 200g caster sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 50g cocoa
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 Waitrose British Blacktail Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 100g white fondant icing
- 12 brown chocolate M&M’s
- Red liquid food colouring (not gel or paste)
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 Waitrose British Blacktail Large Free Range Egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 150g unsalted butter, softened and at room temperature
- Green food colouring paste (or gel)
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween Method:
How To Make:
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 170ºC, gas mark 3, and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Sift the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sunflower oil, eggs and soured cream and beat until smooth. Add 125ml boiling water and beat again to combine.
- Divide evenly between the paper cases. Bake for 20-22 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, roll the fondant into 12 even-sized balls and press one M&M into each, to make eyeballs.
- Dip a wooden skewer or cocktail stick into the red food colouring and draw veins on each eyeball. Leave to dry.
- For the buttercream, tip the sugar into a 2-litre heatproof mixing bowl or stand-mixer bowl. Add the egg whites, 2 tbsp cold water, vanilla and salt.
- Warm the bowl over a pan of simmering water – without the bowl touching the water.
- Using a balloon whisk, beat constantly for 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved, the meringue has doubled in volume, leaves a ribbon trail and is hot to the touch.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, and whisk with an electric mixer until the meringue is cold.
- Gradually add the softened butter 1 tbsp at a time, whisking well between each addition.
- When all of the butter has been added the frosting may start to look a little curdled. If this is the case, continue to whisk and it will come back together.
- Add the green food paste or gel. Scoop the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 4-5mm plain nozzle.
- If the cupcakes have a very domed top, slice off a little to level it. Pipe the buttercream in a haphazard, wiggly fashion over the top of each to completely cover them. Top with a fondant eyeball and serve.
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween:
So what do you think of this recipe post? How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween? So do you fancy making some? Or do you know someone who would like these?
Because I could just reach out and grab one!! So how about you? Are you a cake fan too?
You Might Also Like:
25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween:
25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween. Firstly, Boo, did I scare you? No!? Ha! Maybe these recipes will? On the scariest night of the year, why not whip up a fun Halloween menu up? So are you looking for some disgusting-looking food that tastes amazing? 25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween.
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins. Secondly, muffins, anyone? Do you fancy a Pumpkin Streusel Muffin? So with Halloween just around the corner, they make a perfect treat. Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something nice to eat!! Pumpkin Streusel Muffin.
Thirdly, Ginger Pumpkin Pie: A Great Recipe For Autumn And Halloween. Ginger Pumpkin Pie Is A Delicious Autumn And Halloween Recipe. We couldn’t help ourselves and had to include one sweet recipe, and we think you’ll be glad we did! Don’t sweat it if you can’t get rid of all those seeds. The roasted pumpkin is passed through a sieve after it has been cooked to form a silky smooth, spiced filling. You could also use butternut squash to make a year-round ‘pumpkin’ pie. Ginger Pumpkin Pie: A Great Recipe For Autumn And Halloween. So tasty.
Sweet Potato Wedges With Worcester Dip:
Fourthly, Sweet Potato Wedges With Worcester Dip. So do you fancy trying out these sweet potato wedges with Worcester dip? How much fun would these be for a Halloween party? Also very tasty. Tasty Sweet Potato Wedges With Worcester Dip.
Fifth, Roasted Cauliflower Brain With Green Slime Hummus And Dead Man’s Finger Sandwiches. A month filled with scares and frights, so that must mean one thing then; Halloween is on its way Arrrggg!! So today I have a fun and scary Halloween recipe to share with you. Perfect for sharing with the Children any day this month. Roasted Cauliflower Brain With Green Slime Hummus and Dead Man’s Finger Sandwiches?
Finally, I hope you like this post? If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below. So do you have any fun plans for this weekend?
You can also check out my pins for more Halloween inspiration: Halloween Pins but also remember to hit the tags for more recipe ideas.
Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit here today. As always, we’d love to hear what you have to say. If you liked this post, why not subscribe to make sure you don’t miss any future ones? So, I also hope you found today’s article interesting. You can also share your thoughts in the comments box below if you’d like. I’m hoping you’ll be able to see us again soon.