How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween.
Hello friends, so are you looking for Halloween recipes ideas today? How about making some Green Thing Cupcakes?
So scary but so tasty at the same time! Be careful though, one might not be enough!! Is that someone keeping an eye on you? Because I spy an eye in the middle, eek!!
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween:
Preparation time: 30 minutes + cooling
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
200g caster sugar
175g plain flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
100ml sunflower oil
2 Waitrose British Blacktail Large Free Range Eggs
2 tbsp soured cream
100g white fondant icing
12 brown chocolate M & M’s
Red liquid food colouring (not gel or paste)
125g caster sugar
2 Waitrose British Blacktail Large Free Range Egg whites
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
150g unsalted butter, softened and at room temperature
Green food colouring paste (or gel)
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween Method:
1.) Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 170ºC, gas mark 3, and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Sift the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl.
Add the sunflower oil, eggs and soured cream and beat until smooth. Add 125ml boiling water and beat again to combine.
2.) Divide evenly between the paper cases. Bake for 20-22 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
3.) Meanwhile, roll the fondant into 12 even-sized balls and press one M & M into each, to make eyeballs.
Dip a wooden skewer or cocktail stick into the red food colouring and draw veins on each eyeball. Leave to dry.
4.) For the buttercream, tip the sugar into a 2-litre heatproof mixing bowl or stand-mixer bowl. Add the egg whites, 2 tbsp cold water, vanilla and salt.
Warm the bowl over a pan of simmering water – without the bowl touching the water.
Using a balloon whisk, beat constantly for 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved, the meringue has doubled in volume, leaves a ribbon trail and is hot to the touch.
Remove the bowl from the heat, and whisk with an electric mixer until the meringue is cold.
5.) Gradually add the softened butter 1 tbsp at a time, whisking well between each addition.
When all of the butter has been added the frosting may start to look a little curdled. If this is the case, continue to whisk and it will come back together.
Add the green food paste or gel. Scoop the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 4-5mm plain nozzle.
6.) If the cupcakes have a very domed top, slice off a little to level it. Pipe the buttercream in a haphazard, wiggly fashion over the top of each to completely cover them. Top with a fondant eyeball and serve.
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween:
So what do you think of this recipe post. How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween? So do you fancy making some? Or do you know someone who would like these?
Because I could just reach out and grab one!! So how about you? Are you a cake fan too?
You Might Also Like:
25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween:
Firstly, Boo, did I scare you? No!? Ha! Maybe these recipes will?
On the scariest night of the year, why not whip up a fun Halloween menu up?
So are you looking for some disgusting looking food that tastes amazing?
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins:
Secondly, muffins, anyone? Do you fancy a Pumpkin Streusel Muffin?
So with Halloween just around the corner, they make a perfect treat. Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something nice to eat!!
Sweet Potato Wedges With Worcester Dip:
Thirdly, do you fancy trying out these sweet potato wedges with Worcester dip?
How much fun would these be for a Halloween party? Also very tasty.
Finally, I hope you like this post?
If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
So do you have any fun plans for this weekend?
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- 9 Creepy And Scary Halloween Themed Recipes
- Step By Step Guide To 9 Freaky Halloween Eats
- 7 Monster Inspired Themed Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 4 Spooky Adult Halloween Cocktail Recipes To Try Out
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- Happy Halloween: Wordless Wednesday A Batman
- Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Easy To Make
- How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths: Halloween
- How To Make Halloween Spook-gria: How Spooky?
- How To Make Spiderman Strawberries
You can also check out my pins for more Halloween inspiration: Halloween Pins but also remember to hit the tags for more recipe ideas.
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy