How To Make Jerk Pork And Shallot Skewers With Pineapple Salsa.
Happy Thursday. Are you looking for some BBQ inspiration? Fancy making some of these Jerk pork & shallot skewers with pineapple salsa –
These succulent skewers are ideal for the barbie, so once the sun shines get cooking!
How To Make Jerk Pork And Shallot Skewers with Pineapple Salsa:
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus 30-60 minutes marinating
Cooking time: 20 minutes
650g pork steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes (leg or shoulder)
12 shallots, peeled and cut in half
3 tbsp Bart Spices jerk rub
3 tbsp olive oil.
8 wooden kebab skewers, soaked in water for an hour to prevent burning
½ fresh pineapple, chopped into 1cm cubes
3 shallots, finely chopped
A handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Juice & zest of 1 lime
3 red chillis, deseeded and chopped
What To Do:
1. Make a paste with the jerk rub by mixing it with the olive oil. Add the jerk paste to the cubed pork and shallots and mix thoroughly. Leave to marinate for a minimum of half an hour – an hour would be better if you had time.
2. Whilst the pork and shallots are marinating make the pineapple salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Leave to rest at room temperature to allow the flavours to develop.
3. When the marinating is finished, thread the shallots and pork alternately onto the skewers. Cook the skewers on a BBQ or grill pan on a high heat for a couple of minutes on each side until they are nicely coloured. Move to a cooler part of the BBQ or turn the heat on the grill down and cook for further 10-15 minutes, turning regularly until the pork is cooked and the shallots are tender.
4. Serve with the pineapple salsa.
What do you think of this BBQ inspiration?
Fancy making some Jerk Pork And Shallot Skewers With Pineapple Salsa?
Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot.
You might also like these recipes for BBQ season:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 5 More Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out #CreativeMondays
- Venison Burger with Blue Cheese And Crispy Shallots
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion Salad With A Lime And Chilli Dressing
- FRO-YO Strawberry Bark: Summer Party Treats
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos
- How To Make BerryWorld Mini Fruit Tarts
- Create Your Very Own BerryWorld Pimm’s Jellies
- How To Use Jerte Picota Cherries At A Garden Party
- Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip
- BBQ British Asparagus With Feta And Beetroot Dressing