How To Make On-The-Go Sweet Chilli Beetroot Frittata.
It really feels like Monday today with the Bank Holiday yesterday.
Just a quick post today as the weather is amazing today. I am going to do some bits and bobs in the garden and keep away from the computer today.
Making the most of the sunshine as it could be raining or cold again tomorrow !!
If you’re looking for some quick and simple ways to eat with the beet, try these delicious recipes from fitness trainer Olivia Cooney.
On-The-Go Sweet Chilli Beetroot Frittata.
How To Make On-The-Go Sweet Chilli Beetroot Frittata:
Makes 12 Frittata muffins
- 250g pre-cooked pack of Sweet Chilli Beetroot, diced
- 600g butternut squash, cubed
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 8 large eggs
- 100g Goats Cheese
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Large handful parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and pepper
How to make On-The-Go Sweet Chilli Beetroot Frittata:
1) Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
2) Peel and cut the butternut squash into 3cm cubes. Roast in the oven with coconut oil for 15-20 minutes, until soft.
3) While the squash is roasting, mix the eggs, crumbled feta, spring onions, chopped parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Leave the beetroot until last to avoid everything turning pink.
4) Roughly mash the roasted squash with a fork, keeping it chunky — do this in the roasting tin to save washing up — and add to the egg mix. Pour your frittata mix into a large jug (I do this so it’s easy to pour into the moulds) and pour into your prepared muffin cases.
5.) Place the tray in the oven and bake until the eggs are puffy and set in the middle.
On-The-Go Sweet Chilli Beetroot Frittata. This recipe has been created by Olivia Cooney in association with Love Beetroot, more tips and recipes can be found at Love Beetroot.
What are your thoughts?
Fancy making some of these?
You Might Also Like:
BBQ British Asparagus With Feta And Beetroot Dressing.