Recipe and photography courtesy of Beautiful Country Beautiful Fruit.
How To Make Pink and Delicious South African Baked Apples. How about this for a simple, sensational dessert?
South African Pink Lady and Golden Delicious apples, cored and scored around their middles, then filled with dried fruits, orange zest and ground almonds – baked until soft.
Anyone for ice cream on the side?
How To Make Pink and Delicious South African Baked Apples:
Preparation: 10 minutes
You Will Need:
2 South African Pink Lady apples
2 South African Golden Delicious apples
30g butter, softened
50g ground almonds
30g light muscovado sugar
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
Vanilla ice cream or single cream, to serve
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
2. Using a sharp knife, score abound the middles of each apple – like an equator running around the earth! Remove the cores with an apple corer or a sharp knife. Grease a baking dish with a knob of the butter, then stand the apples in the dish.
3. Mix the remaining butter with the ground almonds, sugar, sultanas and orange zest. Spoon into the cored apples, and pour the orange juice on top.
4. Bake the apples for 20-25 minutes, until the flesh is soft – check with the tip of a sharp knife to see if they are tender. Cool for a few minutes (or else they are too hot to handle!) and serve with vanilla ice cream or single cream.
If you can’t fit all the filling into the apples, just add it to the baking dish 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
How To Make Pink and Delicious South African Baked Apples. Recipe and photography courtesy of Beautiful Country Beautiful Fruit.
The sheltered valleys between mountains in the Western Cape are ideal for the cultivation of fruit such as apples and pears.
Health And Nutrition:
High in fibre
Low in fat
High in vitamin C
A good source of potassium
Do you fancy making this pink and delicious South Africa baked apple’s recipe? Let me know in the comments below if you get to try it out.
You might also like these South African Fruit recipes:
How To Make A South African Energy Bowl. Do you fancy making this Energy Bowl? Made with South African fruits.
The majority of South African fruit is grown in the Western Cape of the country. A combination of Mediterranean climate, steep hills and excellent soils helps produce some of the world’s most delicious and high-quality fruit. How To Make A South African Energy Bowl.
South African Pink Lady, Stilton And Caramelised Pecan Salad:
Are you looking for a nice and tasty salad ideas? Fancy something with a crunch?
How about trying out this South African Pink Lady, Stilton & Caramelised Pecan Salad? South African Pink Lady, Stilton And Caramelised Pecan Salad..
South African Peach And Thyme Filo Tarte Tatin:
Today I am sharing a recipe created by Nicola Millbank (using South African peaches, available in UK supermarkets until the end of April). South African Peach And Thyme Filo Tarte Tatin.
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell